1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

North Korea

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 12 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]331740[/snapback]</div>
    Leave it to the men in the audience to equate sex and violence.

Bet you just LOVE the opening credits of 'Dr. Strangelove'!

2. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 12 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]332008[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Pinto,

This crude man and his lapdog priusguy04 are beyond the pale. Aristotle couldn't win an argument against these blockheads. "There are none so deaf as those who will not hear." Save your voice for an ear that will listen. Their lips drool hatred.

But this is just my humble opinion.......

3. vtie

vtie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Oct 11 2006, 04:49 AM) [snapback]330980[/snapback]</div>

That's actually far away from the original SDI program, which was intended to have an almost global reach thanks to satellites. Flying around with a couple of planes to fire at launched missiles that are seen in the range of the plane is pretty lame compared to the original SDI vision.

The problem with SDI (and with most ballistic missile defence systems) was that the defence was much more expensive than the attack. In other words, the enemy's (at that time the USSR) most obvious answer to SDI was simply to build more missile capacity in order to outperform the defence capacity, a winning strategy because keeping up the defence would have been so much more expensive. And we aren't even talking about the cheaper countermeasures, such as houndreds of fake missiles to mislead the system.

SDI was simply a totally inefficient idea against an opponent of the caliber of the USSR. Of course, in a more asymmetric situation, e.g. against an opponent only capable of making a few nuclear warheads, it might have some value again. But the cost is still huge.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 13 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]332153[/snapback]</div>
    I would expect nothing nice to spew from your Bigoted self 'Alnilam'. Now I truly understand you there frenchie the pivot man.. We are blockheads because we dont look though the same kaleidoscope as you do. "There are none so deaf as those who will not hear" again that same could be said of you. As for drooling hatred?? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

"Leave it to the men in the audience to equate sex and violence". I would have to say most men do, unless they are really in touch with their feminine side or lying to score brownie points with the wife ;) .

In my humble opinion........

Edited for content..... B)

I thought china was looking into trade restrictions like the us is doing with NoK.?

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 9 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]330005[/snapback]</div>
    trying to refocus what is a very important question that was brought up.

i think Japan has started us on the right track by boycotting NoKo shipping - and a naval embargo should be enforced inspecting each and every ship into and out of NoKo. They will have or should have a much more difficult time getting that stuff out via land.

it is my hope that the UN steps up here - i still do not understand the delay in acting. IMHO this is one of the biggest tests for the UN - if it fails here we will be on our own to handle Iran.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 13 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]332177[/snapback]</div>
    Japan's actions are important, but more in a symbolic way than anything else as there's very little trade or business b/w NoKo and Japan....they've impossed restrictions before without much effect.

But, frighteningly, I'm in total agreement with you on your UN statement. They MUST step up with tough, enforcable and universal sanctions as well as a plan for restricting and inspecting the nuclear program of Noko. If they can't do that they'll become completely impotent, the US will have no reason to wait for them to act and, in short order, it will fall to the wayside.

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 13 2006, 08:38 AM) [snapback]332179[/snapback]</div>
    Japan has a very powerful navy and they can if they choose shut down NoKo shipping in a heartbeat.

I too am in shock - we actually agree on something in toto ;) Kinda cool. I think we agree on a lot more than you think...

Have a nice weekend.

David

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 13 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]332220[/snapback]</div>
    Heading to New Orleans for a week for an ER conference....wife in tow! Last trip there we accidently concieved our last child...yea, it'll be a nice weekend/week!

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 13 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]332221[/snapback]</div>
    Drive safely. Have a great weekend. Whenever you are in or near Gotham it would be my pleasure to share a drink with you - you like red wine??

David

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 13 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]332226[/snapback]</div>
    No driving for me.

Oregon Pinot Noirs or any good California Cab works fine, thanks.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 13 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]332228[/snapback]</div>
    oh oh - we agree again. Willamette Valey has provided me with some of the best tasting Pinot's. Do you have a favorite or two you can let me in on?

Also recently tried Carmenere based wines - originally thought to be a cab - from Chile - that were amazing.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 13 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]332221[/snapback]</div>
    Didn't have cable tv? :huh:

lol, have a good time & be safe... ;) B)

13. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Oct 13 2006, 03:11 AM) [snapback]332166[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, that was good....
    In four words you manage to offend the French and homosexuals!

(You have to know the joke he is referring to make sense of that. I can't tell it here.)

BTW, I'm Italian.

14. jared2

jared2 New Member

"BTW, I'm Italian."

Nizza per leggere alcuni alberini intelligenti qui. Benvenuto.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 12 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]332008[/snapback]</div>
    Never saw the movie in its entirety.

I love how you cast such a wide net from the comments of a single man - such a female thing to do :p
    I would say something else except i would not like to cast dispersions on other groups either :rolleyes:

And tell me - about the opening credits of Dr. Strangelove - thanks

16. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 13 2006, 01:58 AM) [snapback]332153[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you; sage advice. I think I was feeling catty yesterday, which prob'ly didn't help matters, either. My sweeping condemnation of men was also rather poorly thought out, too.

Well, onward...