1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not so amazing animals

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Aug 4, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Inspired by another thread, I was tempted to add this one.

Source: Loss of Fertile Land Fuels ‘Looming Crisis’ Across Africa - The New York Times

LAIKIPIA, Kenya — The two elders, wearing weather-beaten cowboy hats with the strings cinched under their chins, stood at the edge of an empty farm, covering their mouths in disbelief.

Their homes — neat wooden cabins — had been smashed open. All their cattle had been stolen. So had their chickens. House after house stood vacant, without another soul around. It was as if some huge force had barreled into the village and swept away all the life.

Sioyia Lesinko Lekisio, one of the elders, had no doubts who did this. Swarms of herders from another county had invaded, attacking any farm or cattle ranch in their path, big or small, stealing livestock, ransacking homes and shooting people with high-powered assault rifles.

“There’s nothing we can do about it,” he said. “They want our land.”
    . . .

Climate change means some human populations have to either move or die in place. Only we are a species who knows how to prey upon our own. What brought this on was seeing a special on NPR about the migrations on the Mediterranean Sea.

Bob Wilson

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Certainly puts the biblical Exodus into perspective. Most are either escaping oppressive regimes, or too poor to survive at home and the lure of free European healthcare and welfare become overpoweringly tempting.
    Whatever the risk!

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Or just 'not death.'

Bob Wilson

Trollbait and RCO like this.