1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

not so rosie for Rosie

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daronspicher, Apr 25, 2007.

1. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/25/t...s.ap/index.html

I guess you can't call it FIRED as such... just the network offered her nothing in a new contract so she will be leaving the show when her current contract is up.

Awwwwww.. What a terrible loss to the world of daytime TV... hahahaha.. :lol:

How do we fail to reach a new contract on her stay here on planet earth?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I admit, I kinda like Rosie and her pull no punches personality. But dang she needs to learn how to appropriately express her views.

Maybe she'll go back to stand-up. But all the idiotic comments and 'fights' w/ Trump et al are just ridiculous.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Without numbers disclosed, there's no way you can say this was the studio's fault. They hired her, had her for a year, and saw their ratings go up 15% in their key demographics because of it... I would be willing to bet they offered her plenty of money... But for some people, plenty of money just isn't enough.

Heck, i've seen contracts for major baseball players fall apart due to a difference of less than 2%.

4. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Who's Rosie and why should I care?
    JK, I've never watched her show (just like Imus) and I couldn't care less about her (or Imus).

Is it me or is main street media starting to push towards homogeny by whacking off the outliers on both sides? Is this wise? It seems people with an education and opinions are turning to the internet for info, so MSM is moving to the middle to serve who remain. Someone needs to keep them informed on the whereabouts of Britney spears, and the fate of Anna's baby!

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Yeah, and unfortunately, this is probably only a temporary victory for those who wouldn't mind seeing rosie on a non-broadcasted lost in the amazon rain forrest reality show. I bet this is all hype for the show and network.. they can't come to an agreement for some period of time while they make buzz around the fact that they can't agree... and right at the end, they come up with a contract...

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Apr 25 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]429743[/snapback]</div>
    We agree. I think the most important piece of all of this is rap music and the culture of "snitching". If MSM wants to focus on real problems and issues instead of deflecting the current glare it will need to move its focus elsewhere. We all know what Rosie and Imus are about - for all their schtick they do far less damage than what is being done by rappers and hate mongerers.

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is one person I would absolutely ban from ever owning a firearm.

Wildkow

8. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why wait until June, she should go now.

9. priussoris

priussoris New Member

I guess The Donald won after all and who said money can't buy everything

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "...she wanted to stay for one more year, and ABC wanted three."

Sounds more like Rosie fired ABC.

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 25 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]429794[/snapback]</div>
    I agree!

12. roryjr

roryjr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 25 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]429737[/snapback]</div>
    I personally find this very sad. She turned a cute henhouse get together of ladies into here personal political spewfest. She was crass and would say anything no matter how it sounded. Just so sad that that's what people want these days.

13. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roryjr @ May 5 2007, 04:04 AM) [snapback]435937[/snapback]</div>

Henhouse, Yes. Cute, No Way. I am surprised it is still on

A bunch of cackling women talking at once about absolutely nothing. I liked Meredith, and Joy is OK. Star was a big mouth, with a big head, all about her. Barbara is never there.
    The blonde is an airhead, with a jock husband, with no grasp on reality in the real world. She thinks everyone is about getting married to a jock and having babies and liking Bush.

Their talking all at once keeps any guest from getting a word in edgewise. The guest is on for a total of 3 minutes - weird show.

At least Rosie had an opinion, even though she got on my nerves.

14. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Rumor has it that Rosie and Bill O'Riley are going to join forces for a point-counter-point show.