1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not thrilled with the Continental Pure Contact "Eco Plus" tires

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ES44AC, Apr 16, 2016.

1. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for even more information on the subject! Wow that Cummins article is interesting, They really put a lot of time and effort to eke out the most mileage! :D I have seen some trailers with an "aero" dynamic / streamlined attachment over the trailer doors. This article doesn't show that, I've only seen a few, it may be very new or something not worth the trouble.

Cheers "ES"

#21 ES44AC, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WolfpackBill,

I doubt you'll ever see this posting but you are CORRECT about the tires being noisy. I have a little over 20k on my Continentals and they sound like I'm driving a monster truck or a Jeep with huge chunky treaded tires. Completely unacceptable!! Of course Continental won't do a damned thing since there's no uneven tread wear, an out of balance condition or poor alignment. I hate these tires! I have nothing good to say about them, if they are this noisy at 20k what will they be like @50k??

I'm planning to replace them with Michelin Defenders, the selling dealer will credit me for what I paid for the Conti's and I'll be out a bit over $200 for a set of the Michelin's. They surely can't be any worse than the ones I have now.

Cheers,

"ES"

#22 ES44AC, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018
  3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is the same thing walfart did to my rims! Except they said it is impossible "their" machine did that!
    BALOGNA! I've change a 100+ tires, and I scratch the first few I did, not know how.
    They gave me the run around. So instead of getting madder and stressing out. I decided to put my army skills to good use.
    I "acquired" $1000 of "item" and had then "traded" those items for American Money!