1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

November 2023 Server Migration Notes

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Nov 30, 2023.

1. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Anything I can do to help out, I'd hope would be some compensation for all the work you, Russel, Tony and probably others have contributed already.
    This forum is pretty darn stable, it's "never' crashed my old computer, which I find happening quite often when visiting poorly organized site with videos that popup in the lower corner after scrolling past them, and ads and all kinds of other stuff. And it doesn't matter which browser I use, bad sites get um all.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hate those pop up videos

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Like on news sites? Where there's a talking-heads video at the top, you scroll past it, and it follows in pop-up fashion, and if you tap on it you may spot an x in the corner, which if you try to click half-a-dozen time you may get lucky, dismiss the damn thing?

Mr. F, Tideland Prius and bisco like this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I prefer context menu ➡ Inspect ➡ Delete Node for those. Built into the browser. Clicking the popup's own X is counting on the good faith of the popup author that X will mean "close", and not "yes, you're welcome to my firstborn" or something.

Mr. F and Mendel Leisk like this.
  5. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Just checking in on the ability to post pictures. I see some recent posts where folk have posted them, but I still can't. Is there something I need to do to regain the ability? Thanks in advance!

will

6. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The normal Upload A File still errors. There are alternate multistep methods for browsers.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Any picture I've uploaded since the migration, I've just uploaded to my google drive, then linked here. In short, regular picture (or any file format) continues to be broken.

Tried an image cut-and-paste just now: nada.

At least posting is fast and reliable. (hopefully didn't just jinx it...)

8. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Testing ... o_O Brave (chrome) browser on Mac.
    Standard image: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Seems broken, but the URL doesn't end with jpg or similar.

External link to the image:https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C4D2DAQEQPr7FPIVNIA/profile-treasury-image-shrink_1920_1920/0/1602110632425?e=1703736000&v=beta&t=JHkGxvER0kBSx10u7zgcmzjqvr0sZPPzb_epkfh3-RM
    How about changing colors, Bold, italics, strike-through?

Copy & paste image: [​IMG][​IMG]
    Second test using the image icon, with .jpg in URL (from Car & Driver): [​IMG]

But uploading a file (extensions jpg, png, or txt) didn't work.

Edit : Okay... obviously adding an image without *.jpg did get into the post, but I don't see the license plate photo in the edit screen. It is there in the preview & the final result though. I can see the link if I go into BB Code Edit mode, so I removed a couple repeats of the license plate picture for your sanity.

#108 nerfer, Dec 20, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    bisco likes this.
  9. Isaac Sonntag

Isaac Sonntag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Photos still don't seem to upload for me. Trying to upload from my 2023 Macbook Pro M2 Max. Hopefully it can be fixed soon:(

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yep, nope

11. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Attached Files:

12. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    One thing, ahem. The language JavaScript (used for overcomplicating web pages and making image uploading not work) has nothing at all to do with the language Java (which web browsers haven't catered to for years, though it can still used to overcomplicate things on servers). The name similarity is really unfortunate. JavaScript is its own whole different thing.

The image in #111 is a logo for Java with a circle-slash through it. Wrong logo. Should be JavaScript, like so:

[​IMG]

The problem on PriusChat kinda looks (from here on the outside, anyway) as simple as not having a file named attachments/do-upload.json on the server, leading to a 404 error when the JavaScript image upload code tries to POST to it.

I can't guess how that happened (was the new server spun up with a version of XenForo that doesn't have it, or changed its name, but the client JavaScript code being served out still expects that name? Was that file part of an extension not installed on the new server?), but maybe just taking a look on the old server or its saved backup to see what attachments/do-upload.json resolved to there, and then maybe copying that over, would do the trick?

#112 ChapmanF, Dec 21, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    Will B likes this.
  13. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, Brave browser blocks scripts by default. I turned that off for this site (so JavaScript is now enabled)

Now my editor doesn't have all the icons above. Trying *old-fashioned* <b>editing</b> methods, but _no go_.<br><br>
    There is the upload a file button. It brings up another tab, seems to upload the file, but doesn't put it in here.
    No preview button either.

This definitely doesn't like JavaScript.

Attached Files:

Will B likes this.
  14. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like the "polarity" of the JavaScript control got flipped on you somehow. All the fancy edit buttons (and the upload button that gives the error) are things implemented in JavaScript, so they are gone when you have JavaScript off.

When the fancy edit buttons are gone, you use BB Code, which is kind of like the HTML you tried, but with square brackets instead of pointy ones.

In the new tab you get with the upload button, notice that after you upload a file, you see a link to it (on that same tab). You can right click, "copy link location", then go back to the tab where you're editing, and paste it there. If the uploaded file was an image, you can paste it between [img] and [/img], and there you go.

nerfer likes this.
  15. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  16. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can upload a file but not post an inline image from my Pixel 6 Pro running Firefox on Android 14.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Same here. JavaScript off is required. Seems there are a few members who can I sert image inline. But I have no idea why.

18. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least some members can use simple "copy and paste" to insert image inline. It seems this works as long as the image already has a URL. I still can not do a simple "copy and paste" even with a web published image without a few extra html code manually added.

19. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @Danny , I can’t see the history of that wiki page to revert it back. Lists a bunch of errors.

long2ip() expects parameter 1 to be int, string given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. long2ip() in EWRcarta/Model/History.php at line 68
    3. EWRcarta_Model_History->getHistoryList() inEWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki.php at line 228
    4. EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki->actionHistory() inXenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
    5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() inXenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
    6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in/home/nginx/domains/priuschat.com/public/index.php at line 13