1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now a 2 Prii Family!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Zedknepplin, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Zedknepplin

Zedknepplin semper prius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi PC! :)

Thanks for the excellent forum for rabid Hybrid fans of all kinds! I bought my RED Prius 5 w/Nav last Easter, and I got my wife a Prius 3 w/Nav this Easter (Sea Glass Pearl w/light gray). My wife's Honda Fit (our 3rd!) averaged 32 MPG, but with a tiny gas tank, she seemed to still spend a lot time at gas stations filling up. We have over 100 miles on the new Prius 3 and the gas gauge just went down 1 tick mark! 2 Prius family, So we are Prii now?

The 1st order of business: replace weak horns and get rear bumper protector! Had an extra set of wheel locks.

Some things I have noticed from the 5 vs. the 3:
    • 3 is quieter and has a smoother ride - maybe 15" wheels (smells better too)
    • Front end does not 'creak' or 'clunk' over bumps like my 5 does
    • Nav setup is a bit different, not sure we will get much use if any from Entune or Apps
    • Missing tray inside armrest
    • MID seems to have more information and better resolution
    • They used the SAME intro to Prius DVD
    • Nav and Radio instruction books are so generic, it's hard to tell if you have the unit they are describing - where is the tire pressure info?
    • Nav now has 3d maps but fewer POI Icons
    • Taillights are different, it has DRL's now

I have done so many mods to mine; I can't remember what it was like new. The wife is not into all that stuff. Looks good, works, get in, drive, end of story. Put in absolutely no more money!

I have heard and seen some dealers charging $3000-$7000 markup because of 'limited availability' and popularity. Well, their car lots seem to have a small fleet of them still since most people can barely stand to pay MSRP, so their limited availability argument goes out the window. Besides the idea of getting a Prius is to NOT give the money to big oil, and NOT to give it to greedy dealers instead.

I got a deal in Atlanta (I guess), but the one I wanted sold out from under me. So, I took the info to the local Toyota dealer (after using the build your own on Toyota's web site & which happened to have the one my wife liked) and said match this, we have a deal. 2 hours and another $300 later we finally had a deal in spite of the BS Sticker. They tried to give me the we need to make a profit speech, and I said stop right there. You have absolutely NO sympathy from me with regards to profit. Charging MSRP, and them keeping any kickbacks, dealer rebates, or other hidden incentives is PLENTY of profit. Not to mention the typical undervalue of trade-ins.

Bonus: It just got off the truck, so no: $200 pin stripes, worthless $700 TOYO guard or $300 mats, and I Skipped the extended warranty also. 1.79% at the credit union finance. Came with tinted windows, so that's actually nicer than I thought. Maybe I will get tint. Installed tint on Prius: $399, on Big 4Runner: $299. - Huh!?

I have tons of pics and mods, so check me out: zedknepplin
    1st rule for noobs: Post pics, so here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice line-up! I would take your 5 in to the dealer and have them diagnose the creaking.

1 person likes this.
  3. withspirit

withspirit New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on being a Prii family. I told hubby he may want to buy the PIP when he is ready to purchase again :cheer2:

1 person likes this.