1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now Available Leather Prius sun shade Display Hoods&Bonu

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by robinredbreast, Dec 28, 2004.

1. robinredbreast

robinredbreast New Member

Besides the original Prius Display Sun Hood I have available a Hood in Leather for those who like the look and feel. Bonus included with the hood is a laced leather Shift Knob cover. For more information please click this Ebay Link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK%3AMESE%

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You didn't mention any discounts for PriusChatters or previous purchasers Robin...was that intentional??

Anyway, I've ordered mine, if you do decide to include a discount for either of the above categories, I apply to both!!

3. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Now Available Leather Prius sun shade Display Hoods&

:crazyeyes: :multi: :clap: :love: :love: :clap: :multi: :crazyeyes:

All I can say is WOW!!!

This is a huge step up in classiness...I mean big!!

The leather hood is maybe 20% smaller than the cloth version which is nice b/c it doesn't overlap on the sides like the cloth one does (a tiny bit, but still not 'fitted'). It has to be mounted a little bit more forward (over the screen/toward the back of the car) to get the same degree of shading.

But this is just gorgeous and looks way more OEM with the dash. The little cover for the shifter is cute, but in my case really works well to tie in my blue/black Wheelskins steering wheel cover and the MFD shade.

I'm very very pleased...and if you've read my other posts to Robin about her products you'll see I'm not one to 'gush'. This is really a sweet product.

4. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

How does it attach to the dash? Are there velcro stickers that need to be applied first?

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Yes, it attaches with velcro...it's a pretty high grade of velcro and, so far, seems to hold well.

I posted a few pictures at My Prius Site and will include one below.

Now, you can see a little of the velcro on the passenger side...I didn't realize that until I looked at the photos...so I'll need to touch that up. But otherwise I think you can see how it ties in with the steering wheel. Look carefully and you can see the little cover on the shifter too.

[​IMG]

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can see how it would help with sun coming in the side of the windshield. What about glare from an angle over the shotgun seat? That is the one that most often makes my screen totally unreadable.

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, very low light coming from the 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock position will give you bad glare regardless. I'd say the hood helps reduce a lot of the overhead glare you can get from mid-day light and find it's worth it for that.

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

9. rookie

rookie New Member

How about something for those of us with tan/blonde interior? Me thinks the black thing would definitely look out of place? Anyone has pictures of black on Salsa Prius? :)

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Goes with anything.

I've got the ivory interior and the hood and consolde cover look fine. I bought the black velour dashmat and have the black leather hood attached to it with pins. I'll be sewing it on. The leather console cover looks fine. There is plenty of black plastic trim inside the black leather looks fine with the ivory interior. I'm going to have to tweak the knob cover though. Because of the shape it keeps sliding back and off the knob.

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Side armrests now?

Are you selling the front side armrests in black leather now on ebay? I just bought a pair. Hope they are as good as the center black leather console cover and the hood I already have. I love my center black leather console cover. Can't wait for the side armrests!

12. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just checked robin's eBay store and the arm rests are available there and really look great. Mine are on the way. I have the black leather center armrest cover and it looks very nice with the tan interior.

13. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonder why Robin didn't announce here first...This will be an awesome touch for my Prius. Black and blue leather steering wheel cover from Wheelskins, black leather MFD hood, black leather 'condom' for the shifter and now the center arm rest.

Robin, if you're listening, I paid the full price, but would appreciate any Priuschat discount you might be giving.

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Well, she may is busy sewing.

She's now got a complete set of four arm covers and console cover on ebay. Search for: Toyota Prius 5 piece Door Covers & Center Console Set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33702

Unfortunately I've just bought the front armrest and already have the center console and the hood. So I only need the back armrests. I hope she'll be selling just the backs soon. If I'd only known I would have waited and bought the set instead of piecemeal.