1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nra Sticker on my Prius, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by thelemite, Jan 9, 2008.

1. neon tetra

neon tetra Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Dear Arabs*,

I'm sorry that our government has been hijacked by the most corrupt of criminals.

I'm sorry that the pro-Israel lobby, weapons contractors, big oil, multi-national corporations and the pharmaceutical industry now run the show.

I'm sorry that so many of our citizens have been brainwashed through fear and religion (essentially the same thing) into thinking that anything we do in the world is "noble", and anyone who disagrees must then be a "terrorist".

I'm sorry that our society as a whole has been completely de-sensitized to all of the death and destruction we cause.

I'm sorry that media outlets like Fox News and so-called conservative radio do nothing more than feed peoples' need for hate and intolerance.

I'm sorry that the religious right has usurped so much control of our voting public.

I'm also sorry that so much of the Arab world is still under the trance of dangerous religions/cults.

Both our society and yours need to wake up a.s.a.p.

(* I am using the term 'Arabs' simply b/c my post is satirical of the one above. In reality, it's silly to address an entire demographic solely based on the language they speak)

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am somewhat interested to know Cane, do you understand reality at all, or are you always delusional? Saudi Arabia would be considered a very controlled society, they even have major rules on what the US troops can and can not do off base, if allowed to leave at all. Women have very little rights, and a majority of the wealthy control everything.

With statements like idiot and you make, like somehow we will bring democracy to all of the Middle East, do you have any grasp of what kind of disaster that would create? The Middle East had every conceivable civilization try to leave every kind of conceivable government behind, and at no time has much ever worked. You act like nomads and poor people understand what democracy is, hell it barely works in this country, and we only have two parties to deal with, the Republicans trying to steal everything and give it to the wealthy, and Democrats wanting to spread the wealth. In the Middle East you have every kind of crazyness, religious, wealthy, nutball, sectarian, nationalistic, dictorial, and on and on. If Saudi Arabia were to turn Democratic, you would not like the outcome, I can guarantee you that.

We are not going to create any kind of democracy in Iraq, we will leave a government, don't think it will last long, but thats the best we can do, it takes strong leadership and a hard nose military to keep things in line, and that doesn't sound like democracy to me. Look to Iran to see what the US leaves behind when we think we support a government we like, the Shah fell in a matter of 8 days, with a US trained military, US furnished military, and a US supported leader.

3. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i'm sorry to change the subject, but since this thread first spoke about stickers.....NRA to be exact, i want to ask..........................

WHAT ARE 11-99 FOUNDATION license plate frames? what kind of organization is this? just curious, i see this every once in a while, but i dont know what 11-99 is.

thanks

4. neon tetra

neon tetra Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  5. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    neon tetra, i'm always amazed at the wealth of information i receive at this site. thank you for that info.

now i know. hmmmmmmmmmmm............seems a bit better than saying my cousin is a CHP officer...............:)

6. thelemite

thelemite Right Wing Gun Nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Its a variant on a PBA card. If I was a CHP I would probably be more likely to not issue a ticket if I knew the person had donated $1800 :)

As a side note, years ago LEOs would use a hole punch on your PBA card if they let you go. The logic was that you got one chance, and not a license to speed.

7. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Always delusional... keeps me sane here! You and your ilk believe the gov't (Republican(s)) sucks, "religion" sucks, the military sucks, America sucks, blah, blah, blah...

8. earthworm

earthworm New Member

Getting back to the original topic.....
    Displaying NRA or other pro-gun stickers is tactically unsound.Observant thieves have been known to note cars so identified for later 'attention',or to follow them home for a later burglary.("Hummm...NRA sticker.Bet he has guns at home:easily fenced!"). Cops also note NRA stickers:some are pro,some are anti,some don't care but all tend to bump the ole wariness level up a notch.Not that this is a bad thing,but why aggrevate an already tense situation?
    By the same token I save my cutesy gun T-shirts & hats for the range or gun shows,or donate 'em to Goodwill for the tax writeoff.

9. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because gun nut lobby groups managed to get it on the Internet it must be true.

How about this then?
    From Gun Control Australia
    Sources:
    RECORDED CRIME AUSTRALIA 1998, AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS (ABS)
    RECORDED CRIME AUSTRALIA 1997, ABS
    CRIME & SAFETY AUSTRALIA 1999, ABS
    HOMICIDE IN AUSTRALIA 1989-96 (1997), AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF CRIMINOLOGY (AIC)
    VIOLENT DEATHS AND FIREARMS IN AUSTRALIA - DATA & TRENDS 1996, AIC
    FIREARM DEATHS - AUSTRALIA 1980-1995 (1997), ABS
    CRIME AND JUSTICE IN AUSTRALIA, MUKHERJEE & GRAYCAR 1997, AIC

It is worth remembering that gun ownership was never all that popular here in Australia, nothing like the gun crazy USA.

Australia had a homicide rate of 1.28/100,000 people while the USA had a rate of 5.9/100,000 or in other words the USA is over 4.5 times more dangerous, most likely due in part to shocking social policy and high levels of gun ownership, particularly automatic and semi-automatic weapons.
    I know which statistic I would rather live with and we have as much freedom as you do.

10. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :blah:Why can't a person be an ex marine, I'm an ex mechanic. It isn't unheard of to change jobs. It's just some of us have a life after a past job while some remain in their own mind forever regardless of their achievements in their 20s and 30s. When you retired from the armed forces you became an ex marine. Now move on.:blah:

11. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI, Marines don't call themselves "ex-Marines" when they leave the Corps. Once a Marine, always a Marine, we like to say. I do have a life, so does my husband. I didn't retire from the Corps, I served one enlistment. My husband did retire after 26 years. He has a new career not related to the military in any way.

12. neon tetra

neon tetra Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    And, as I mentioned earlier, plenty of people do leave the Marines & don't wish to have anything to do with them anymore.

13. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes I understand some military people have trouble letting go of their "glory days", that was the point of my post. Just let it go, being in the military was something you did, it isn't (I hope) who you are for the rest of you life.

14. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your concern about my personal life :glare:. No worries here!

15. neon tetra

neon tetra Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

[​IMG]

Hey Peg, did I ever tell you about my high-school football days?

:p

16. jeffreykb

jeffreykb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Do you have anything good to say about your country...better yet the Marines? Not that I agree with your philosophy...but all nations, cultures, and organizations have attributes that could be considered negative. It depends on your point of view. If someone were part of an organization that is an enemy of the Marine Corps, I could understand such comments.

If you do not mind a personal question, are you from a broken home? If so...and just a guess...was someone close to you a son/daughter of a Marine chaplain?

"Talk well of your friends and of your enemies say nothing." - Proverb "
    "Marine Corps...no greater friend, no worse enemy."

17. neon tetra

neon tetra Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have plenty of good things to say about America.

First off, it is absolutely breathtaking.
    I've traveled to many places on this planet, and I can honestly say that America has some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
    I go out to the pacific northwest as often as I can.
    Our national parks are nothing short of amazing.
    It really is 'America the Beautiful'.

I also hold our Constitution in high regard. I hold dear the principles that our nation was founded upon. (unfortunately, very few in Washington feel the same)

I couldn't even begin to list all of the things that make America great. Whether it be music, art, technological advances, etc..

Now here's he problem..
    Our nation is being help captive.
    By a completely corrupt & criminal administration, by politicians that bow down to special interest groups & multi-national corporations, by the religious right, and by greed in general.

Our soldiers, which once fought for noble causes, are now being used as little more than hitmen.
    They are NOT 'protecting my freedoms', they are NOT 'spreading democracy', they are NOT 'sacrificing their lives for a good cause', or any of the other pseudo-patriotic babble that comes out of that jackass dubya's pie hole.
    They are actually making the world far MORE dangerous by going over there.

I DO NOT support this war; therefore I DO NOT support the troops.

As I've mentioned before, saying "I don't support this war, but I do support the troops" is no different than saying "I don't support murder, but I do support murderers".

I certainly don't wish them harm, and I truly hope they come home safe and SOON.

As for your other questions - no, I do not come from a broken home. no, I am not related to any marines. I do have family members who have served in the past and ones who are currently serving in other branches of the armed forces.

18. gman11377

gman11377 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    All right, I've stood on my fingers, hid the keyboard, bit my tongue until I need a new one, and I just can't stand it any longer. I'll probably be banned for it but neon tetra you are an donkey. You and F8L should go take long walks on the beach, and hot showers together, and most of all stop talking about things like a band of brothers, esprit de corps, and the entire Marine Corps culture altogether because you know nothing about it. When you've walked in our boots, and heard shots fired in anger (AT YOU) you might have something to say, until then Shut your piehole! Surely PatSparks will chime in with some cutesy little comment that shows us all how different, and cool, australians and other foreigners are but he can cram it (whatever IT is) sideways. I've had my fill of being called a terrorist, a bully, a shill and whatever other insults you've collectively felt the need to espouse about the entire Marine Corps. Yes Pat, BEING A MARINE does define you in many ways and touches the rest of your life. It is a fundamental statement of who you are and what character you have. Big Deal so you found a few who left and wanted nothing more to do or say about it, They didn't rate their stripes in the first place and should've never worn the EGA (look it up dumbass). To canesfan, et al... SEMPER FIDELIS, but I should've jumped in earlier and warned of the abuse you would receive at the fingers of the pieces of shit on here who have their heads shoved so far up their collective asses that they have to wipe their noses after taking a shit. I am a Marine. I have had it with the bullshit on here. It will be interesting hearing responses to any of this IF it isn't immediately deleted. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! Bring it on. OBTW I do have an NRA sticker on the back of my prius. It is right next to the "happiness is a belt-fed weapon sticker".

19. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Love it, Semper FI Devil Dog! Check your six for back stabbers!
    Proud to have known many a Marine, proud to have served with them on my ship, Proud to be a Veteran!

20. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    gman, thanks for having my back! :rockon: