1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NSCP-W62

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Sol-Hwa, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Sol-Hwa

Sol-Hwa New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

My apologies if this question has been asked before, but I'm new to the site and it is a lot of information to go through. So here goes. I just purchased a used Prius 2013 imported from Japan with the NSCP-W62 audio system. It is all in Japanese and I have not been able to find a single instance of it being translated into English. I need help figuring out how to connect my phone and iPod via bluetooth and also connecting my iPod using an aux cable. I will be grateful for any help I can get. Please post pics if you can!

~ Sol

2. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not fluent, but I can make my way around Japanese GUIs. It's there a button on the middle right what brings you to what looks like a setup screen? If you can take pics of ea screen, 2 or so levels into each option, I may be able to tell you what they mean.

3. aqua 2014

aqua 2014 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,
    I have just purchased a Prius C, 2014 form Japan and facing the same problem. The NSCP-W62 audio system is in Japanese and I cannot connect to phone nor Bluetooth. Does anyone know how to use it? Or if there is any software for it? Thank u n advance.

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since @djdawn still visits, follow their instructions in post 2.
    Even if they cannot help, there are others here if they see the specific text options.

Otherwise, googling the options might help. The Japanese Prius supports only the Japanese language for all menus & messages.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is the manual written in Japanese. https://toyota.jp/manual/navi/nscp-w62.pdf I don't think there is English version of this manual. From skimming through the manual, it looks the software is highly customized for Japanese market. I doubt GPS and ETC functions work anywhere outside of Japan. It is way too long to translate. Ask me specific about what you want to do, I might be able to help you. Note that, I don't own Toyota Aqua (a.k.a Toyota Prius C in the US), but lived in Japan as a kid, and am fluent in their language.

#5 Salamander_King, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Raji_jm and Prodigyplace like this.
  6. mohsin

mohsin Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A

If your audio system is not locked, and you have the map SD card inserted then you can change the menu to english.

Check this hope it helps.
    rent.toyota.co.jp/eng/service/navi.html

7. Raji_jm

Raji_jm New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    One

Is there a way to reset the password using a new SD card (based on the Japanese Manual), if the original SD card was removed before buying for the NSCP_W62 system?