1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NuShield DayVue Anti-Reflective Screen Protector Review

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Froglegs, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Froglegs

Froglegs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I hate the frosted glass on the big touchscreen sooo much, I was really excited when I found this product:
    Anti Reflective Screen Protectors | Anti Reflective Film

This is a plastic film with a true anti-reflective thin-film coating, just like what you find on camera lenses and eyeglasses. Additionally, it makes the screen look glossier which noticeably improves the contrast.

I've had it on for about two months, and I'm definitely keeping it. I have yet to be blinded by sun glare, or even struggled to see the screen since installing it.

It was a bit of a struggle to install ... imagine the frustration of installing a phone screen protector, but much worse! You must get the screen 100% free of dust, and then manage to position it perfectly before actually sticking it to the screen. I failed. There's a couple specks of dust under it that cause little bubbles to appear. They rub out, but come back once in a while. And it's not quite straight. In spite of this, I'm keeping it because it's such a huge improvement. I'll buy a new one in a year or so, and try to do better. They cost about $30, and it probably won't last forever. So far, so good.

NOTE: They do not have the correct size listed on their site. Ignore the selection that says "Prius Prime 2020 Advanced 11,6in. It's too large (I cut it down, which is not that easy to do well). It needs to fit perfectly. If any part of it touches the raised edge, it will not sit flat. The good news is, they will cut it to any size you need. I have not taken the time to measure exactly what it needs to be.

PXL_20210302_204445951.MP.jpg PXL_20210303_204837667.jpg

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great install and review. a much needed product, thank you!(y)

3. Shaun Otter

Shaun Otter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice! When you say "Ignore the selection that says Prius Prime 2020 Advanced 11,6in. It's too large", you don't mean to NOT select it, correct? And what tool and method do you recommend for cutting it, if they still aren't doing that right themselves