1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NY Times - LEXUS HS 250H; Batteries Included

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by ggood, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/automobiles/autoreviews/13lexus.html?pagewanted=2&hpw

Spends most of the article talking about the gadgets, and whether they're a good thing, but then there's this:

"Yes, you can improve considerably on the E.P.A. ratings if you drive like a hypermiler. But the car’s strength is its confidence-inspiring driving dynamics, and much of the extra weight comes from upgraded suspension parts.

The HS has a double-wishbone rear suspension instead of the torsion beam in the Prius. With more chassis spot welding than the Prius, the HS has extra-firm front and rear suspension members engineered to quell vibration, resulting in a quieter, smoother ride.

Steering response is similar to the Prius’s, although the HS reacts more quickly and gives a better feel for the road. Cornering is confident in a manner few previous hybrids could match. Gone are the Prius’s rough edges: there is no jerking, no straining engine noises, no clunks when you brake."

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with the paragraph you quoted. The HS is a lot smoother than the 2010. Bad if you want to know what's going on with the HSD like me but good if you're one of those that don't care and just want a hybrid cause it gets better mpg than your old car. It's very Lexus-like in power delivery (not counting the IS) and it's luxurious. I felt that a few corners were cut to keep the costs down, however.

3. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Lexus 250H does NOT qualify as a 'Clean Pass' vehicle, so unlike the Prius can NOT be driven legally when only the driver is present in the HOV LANES OF THE LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY. Evidently the Lexus 'Spews' more than the Prius, so it couldn't make the cut. That Time Savings is so worth it, it was why I, and many others purchased the first Prius back in 2007 before the Gas Gouging went on with Bush in the Whitehouse. The day I picked up my 2010, there was a man trading in his 'Ultimate Driving Machine', and said it was all about the HOV lane which got him to work and back way faster.