1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NYC '10 Prius availability

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Fussion101, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Fussion101

Fussion101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm in the new york city area and from browsing this section it seems like theres a few NY members who have received their prius already.

If some of those guys would please chime in and let me know who and where I can go to purchase a Prius 2 with no additional accessories at or below MSRP:rockon:

I went to Bay Ridge Toyota and they wanted $2,000 over MSRP:rolleyes:. If only we had someone like DianneWhitmire over here in the NE....

2. newbie101

newbie101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought from Westchester Toyota. They aren't the greatest, but I was able to get what I wanted for a reasonable price. I think they are trying to charge $2K over MSRP, but you can probably talk them out of it. They definitely have a few in stock. I picked mine up last night.

3. PrincessPri

PrincessPri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If your willing to travel upstate, you may be able to hook up with the Toyota dealers up here. They are only charging MSRP. It would only be a 6 hour drive back.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My dad and I bought ours on Staten Island. They were fair with us and he paid MSRP so no complaints. I don't think they will go below MSRP but you can probably pull MSRP with them...

I know as of today when he picked up his III they had a II in Blizzard Pearl but I think that was it for now. When mine came in they got one other car as well, it was a II in Blue Ribbon.

Not sure what else may be coming into them but if you call ask for Vinny Mauro and tell him Mark with the Blizzard Pearl Prius V and Black Prius III sent ya'.

I would STAY FAR AWAY from Bay Ridge Toyota. When I sold my 2006, the guy went there for one of those 80 point inspections. I had the oil changed maybe 300 miles before he bought it. They actually had the nerve to tell him amongst other BS things that the oil looked dirty and they suggested he had it changed now. That's just wrong in so many ways...

5. Tuon

Tuon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm picking mine up from Crystal Automall in Jersey, on monday. I bought my 2004 from them and had a pleasant experince. I'll chime in more after I pick it up.

6. Kirk C.

Kirk C. New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello there,

I work for DARCARS Toyota in Silver Spring Maryland. We are one of the largest dealers on the east coast. It is not uncommon for customers to ride the train down and drive their new cars a couple of hours home.

I will treat you how I would want to be treated. We could make all the arrangements ahead of time and I promise no suprises.

If I can be of service my cell phone is 443-309-6443 or you can reach me at [email protected] .

Respectfully,
    Kirk

7. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I saw two new Priuses on the truck today on LIE. I also got a letter from the dealer I am staying away from that it is available to test drive.

8. momo

momo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm bought my Prius from Star Toyota at Bayside. The dealer name is Allen Tam.

I picked up my Prius II yesterday (waited for almost 3 weeks). I paid MSRP ($22750).

The dealer said the Prius IV is back order because people like leather and NAV or solar roof. I know he has more Prius II & III coming in. May be you can give him a call (917-509-1251). You can mention my name Moses.

9. rld14

rld14 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm at Rockland Toyota which is about 20 minutes north of the GW Bridge, We aren't charging over MSRP or forcing accessories on you. Package 2 or 3 cars are available sporadically, Higher end cars are VERY tough right now. I can check what we have available in ground stock tomorrow if you wish.

10. nyc_prius

nyc_prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I live in the city and bought a II at msrp from DCH Toyota City in Mamoroneck after nightmares with dozens of NY and NJ dealers (lies and hefty premiums over sticker) ... have the car for a week now ... all I did was call up and locked in the sale -- these guys were straight as an arrow and super honest ... i had dealers looking for 25 grand for an 09 pkg 2 a few weeks ago; got a brand new car for less ...

11. FlipStylee270

FlipStylee270 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought mines at New Rochelle Toyota, -$500 below MSRP. Silver Prius III no options.

By the way, I saw the same Silver Prius III at 37th St and Broadway a few days ago, any chance it could be one of you guys??? I was trying to follow but traffic was heavy!!