1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NYT Review: Hydrogen Car Is Here, a Bit Ahead of Its Time

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by PaPrius, Dec 8, 2007.

1. PaPrius

PaPrius Member

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "Ready" is such a slippery term. A car that costs $1 million+ per copy is not what I call "ready" for production. And while I did enjoy the article, and am happy to see Honda make such a nice electric car, they just HAD to put in the part where *could* be cleaner than a battery car. It isn't, of course. Since we don't actually make "clean" Hydrogen in any quantity. But they had to compare the dirtiest electricity with the cleanest, all-but-non-existent Hydrogen.

So you take this great car, strip out the fuel cell stack, stuff in a battery pack, and you've instantly got a 300 miles battery car for under $100,000 that can be sold today, and fueled with 100% clean energy, or plugged in anywhere.

Remind me again why we're waiting for H2 when we could have this thing on the street today?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice. Now to get hydrogen cleanly.... ;)

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I'd LOVE to have a hydrogen car. But it's only the hydrogen infrastructure that we're waiting for? I'd want it to cost less than a half million dollars. Silly me. How is a car ready when it's cost excedes the average yearly income by 20 TIMES ? Oh, and I'd love it to use less fossel fuel than it consumes in converting fossel fuel into to hydrogen. You know ... little things like that. Pickey pickey pickey.