1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oak Ridge National Lab Prius Evaluation

Discussion in 'The File Library' started by efusco, Dec 12, 2004.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy\";p=\"58368)</div>
    This sort of thing should become a lot less common in the United States now, in the era of Sarbanes-Oxley. There's actually the potential for criminal penalties against company management in case of a break-in.

The CEO and CFO of the company I work for don't want to go to jail. You would not believe all the security projects IT has had going this year. I imagine SOX compliance has been at minimum a nuisance this year for anyone working for a publically traded US company.[/b][/quote]

SOX has just taken effect, so up until this point there has been little if any incentive on the part of CIO, CEO, CFO etc to do anything about it. Also consider that most countries don't even have such laws.

Here in Canada, the criminal incompetence at Ontario Hydro went all but unpunished - the previous Board Of Directors was allowed to resign and collect a fat severance. Conrad Black is another case, it was an investor suit in the U.S. that brought him down, nothing was done by the Canadian gov.

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
  3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vincent1449p @ Dec 13 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]362044[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for posting that. This second paper (95 pages) is similar to the first in that its an indepth dissection of the system, this time, however, they look exclusively at the MG2 and Inverter efficiencies and limits. I think many of you would enjoy seeing some of the photos and graphs even if you don't want to work through the calculations and other dense stuff...I know I can't understand it all.

4. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ummm... wow? What's up with that? Another spammer perhaps? Someone should do something about that...

5. HappyTrees

HappyTrees New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Jan 3 2007, 04:49 AM) [snapback]369977[/snapback]</div>
    I reported his posts to the mods.... that's all I know to do :(

Someone please save us!

6. HappyTrees

HappyTrees New Member

You're not helping your case at all.

7. Camry101

Camry101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for posting. Always great info, usually a couple mistakes.