1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Obama's running

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eagle33199, Jan 18, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jan 19 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]377659[/snapback]</div>
    Please stop with the wika(not verified for validity)pedia.

The fact that he blows dope is no big deal - i would rather have my president get buzzed than get a hummer any day in the oval office. Imagine doing lines with Chavez - love to be a fly on that wall.

"Obama sponsored 152 bills and resolutions brought before the 109th Congress in 2005 and 2006, and cosponsored another 427." I think thats terrific - almost one bill a day including weekends - tell me - was it original work or did he hire help?

I think he should skip being president and go straight for being Pope or maybe Sec Gen of the UN. I think the US Presidency is beneath him.

And I could care less what his religion is - I think him spending 4 years in a Muslim school is fine - even if it were outside the US. I personally would not feel comfortable with a person like him in the oval office, straight or buzzed, for lots of reasons the least of which would him being a Muslim. Let him do some real legislative work in the Senate for 6 years +, let him run a large state for a term or two, let him get one bill of original thought through the Senate, let him vote on a bunch more stuff - before I would ever consider voting for him.

I would vote for Rudy in a heartbeat over BHO, same is true for McCain or Mitt.

I just keep saying how thin the democratic presidential timber is. Hillary, BHO, Edwards, Kerry (jeez won't he ever go away), algore (mr internet,, maybe this time he will win his own home state -- still laughing at that one),....

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm kind of thinking that there's a good chance Obama will be elected. With Clinton, it was several years into his presidency before the obsession with his penis began. And in Bush's case, who can forget the sock-stuffing for the flight suit? Think he'd have been re-elected in '04 without that? In Obama's case, he's not even yet nominated, and already Rush Limbaugh is wondering just "what has he got in his pants?" The myth may not be true in every case, but it can only help Obama's chances. Link to Rush's discussion of Obama below.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200701190004

[​IMG]

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]377740[/snapback]</div>
    Let me ask you - do you know of ANY politician in Washington that doesn't have a staff to help them out? The answer to that is no - every politician has a staff and aids to assist them. However, to the best of my knowledge Obama hasn't ever flip flopped on an issue, unlike 95% of Washington. That would seem to imply that he actually reads and understands what he votes for. I seem to remember a recent bill that passed, and afterwards the republicans who voted for it were calling foul because it contained a provision they didn't like. "I vote yes. How dare you not discuss that bill with me and push it through!"

You say "original thought"... well, Obama has sponsored a ton of bills in the senate since he showed up. are you saying those aren't original thought? OK.... name one bill that you would consider original thought. Oh thats right - there aren't any. know why? it's because a senator generally leads up to an idea. Surprises fail, from a leadership standpoint. if you want something to succeed with common support, people have to know about it and expect it. Take running for president... Obama did just come up one day out of the blue and say "i'm running"... no, instead he started talking about the presidency a long time ago, allowed people to get used to the idea and to start listening to him. That way, when he finally did announce, it wasn't a shock. sudden surprises and shocks tend to polarize people one way or another, which simply isn't good for anyone who wants to be effective.

congrats on voting for repubs and following that party line. I'm sure there's a special place in heaven the party is saving just for you. But let me ask you this: how many people do you think will vote for someone who has supported the war in Iraq from day one? now, how many people will vote for someone who is eager and willing to get us out of Iraq?

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jan 19 2007, 02:58 AM) [snapback]377639[/snapback]</div>
    More substantive than how he pronounces words.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jan 19 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]377659[/snapback]</div>
    The same thing Bush did and you your ilk have vilified him for that, such hypocrisy. Now it’s considered a noteworthy trait. LOL!

Wildkow

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jan 19 2007, 12:28 PM) [snapback]377755[/snapback]</div>
    I hope he runs - the thought of hillary with her claws exposed and BHO counterattacking is too much for me to bear - what a show it will be. Then you will have D student mr nuance keryy and his former running mate , throw him under the bus Edwards joining in to eat the spoils - again - bring it on. What are they going to do with BHO? I mean he is sooo untouchable, so smart, so hardwoking - seriously he should skip right to being Pope or UN Sec Gen.

Just for the record, who is talking about the presidency now that you think will be running in 4 or 8 years?

6. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 19 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]377757[/snapback]</div>
    Bush was hardly candid or open to discussion about his illegal drug use: http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/02/21/bush.tapes/
    >>Bush says he "wouldn't answer the marijuana question ... 'cause I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."

"But you gotta understand, I want to be president, I want to lead. I want to set -- Do you want your little kid to say, 'Hey daddy, President Bush tried marijuana, I think I will?' " he said.

In a segment of the tapes played on ABC's "Good Morning America," Bush says the same holds true for questions about cocaine use, which have dogged him since the 2000 election.

"The cocaine thing, let me tell you my strategy on that," Bush said on the tape. "Rather than saying no ... I think it's time for someone to draw the line and look people in the eye and say, you know, 'I'm not going to participate in ugly rumors about me and blame my opponent,' and hold the line. Stand up for a system that will not allow this kind of crap to go on."<<

So Obama's frankness on this issue is in fact a relatively new thing in politics. Mind you, Obama didn't really have a lot of choice on the matter, as it was all detailed in his book, written well before his political career. Nonetheless, I find it a bit refreshing.

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 19 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]377753[/snapback]</div>
    Just wanted to hold onto this quote.... It's a good indicator of how far off base you tend to be on many issues...

:D

He has just about "0" chance of getting elected...

Lyndon Johnson
    Richard Nixon
    Gerald Ford
    Jimmy Carter
    Ronald Reagan
    George Herbert Walker Bush
    William Jefferson Clinton
    George W. Bush
    Barak Hussein Obama

:lol:

Could his middle and last name be more comically ironic????

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jan 19 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]377769[/snapback]</div>
    So which is it - you admire Presidential candidates that blow dope or not? You hold them in a higher light than those that dont/didn't or not?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 19 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]377774[/snapback]</div>
    Those that vote for him will do so to get his dealers address - wonder if they will post it on his website :lol:

I know, they think he will legalize dope and then use the largess of the US govt to negotiate for lower prices :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]377775[/snapback]</div>
    does he drive a prius yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jan 19 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]377769[/snapback]</div>
    Refreshing? I think naive. I wonder what he has not been open and honest about??

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]377740[/snapback]</div>
    Tell you what ... I'll stop with the Wikipedia if you can prove that what's there isn't valid. Be sure to double-check the validity of the 15 sources listed for the snippet I posted. I'm guessing you'll be "too busy" to back up your claim, though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]377740[/snapback]</div>
    Nice. Can you prove that he still does coke? By the logic you've shown, I guess it's fair to say our beloved president still goes on benders.

Then why mention his middle name? By the way, get your facts straight. He's not a Muslim. He's a member of the United Church of Christ, a nice Protestant religion.

10. Mystery Squid

11. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]377775[/snapback]</div>
    I don't admire or dis-admire a candidate based on drug use. But I'll take someone who can candidly discuss it over one who prevaricates (be it Bush's non-answer on concaine or Clinton's non-inhale on pot) any day.

12. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 19 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]377757[/snapback]</div>
    How so?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 19 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]377757[/snapback]</div>
    I don't care whether Bush snorted coke or shoved squirrels up his nice person on a dare. When confronted with it, he cheesed (just like Clinton did). He had a chance to say "I did something really stupid that I regret" and be an example for the kiddies he was trying to protect by dodging the question.

13. Mystery Squid

See, there's a theme here...

The libs tend to not like anyone who doesn't admit to some problem or other, makes that person seem "better" than the "humble" "we-have-problems-and-we're-brave-enough-to-admit-it-and-cry" contingency...

We all want to feel part of something where no one is better than anyone else in whatever manner...

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jan 19 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]377779[/snapback]</div>
    You and no one is sure if he is or is not a Muslim - I guess he would have to be open and honest about that - something he might not want to be.

I could care less if he still does coke. I think he is a lousy candidate and is symptomatic of the poor choices the dems have to run against rudy, mccain, etc. the need someone without a track record.

Who verifies the data on wikipedia? do they guarantee the validity of their statements?

I think there are those who think W still does drink - sometimes he might wish he still did. easy enough to check for b hussein obama - he should be open and honest and offer up he do drug testing every month. imagine that - the pres pis*ing into a cup in the oval office - i guess it could be worse - he could be following clintons lead and offer up other body fluids he dispersed in the oval office :lol: leave it to those dems to stain the oval office - :lol: :lol: :lol: and dont worry if he test + - get sandy berger to destroy the documents :lol: :lol: :lol: the dems have a lock on it - and the NY Times would opine - we need more politicians like this, willing to confess to prior addicitions, and willing to subject themselves to unneccesary testing to assuage the fears of the far right.

15. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]377792[/snapback]</div>
    HUH???? Not sure if he's a MUSLIM? What are you talking about. He's a christian, openly, has been for years. http://www.suntimes.com/news/falsani/21745...-fals19.article

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]377792[/snapback]</div>
    Well, duh he DOESN'T. All happened BEFORE HE WAS 20. Do you even read the threads you post in?

Unverified data on Wiki is listed as such. Verified data lists the reference. They're the little blue numbers, ya know, like footnote. Click it and it will take you to the reference.

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jan 19 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]377805[/snapback]</div>
    The religion thing - i dont care less - but you do not know his true thoughts about it.

He had a birthday party and resolved to stop blowing coke at age 19? Tell me you also belived clinton when he said "I did not have sex with that young lady?? Well maybe BHO is not blowing coke, maybe its some other substance pulling a clinton on everyone?

Come - on, lighten up.

I am sure barak hussein obama is a real nice guy - he is not presidential material now - give him a decade or so - let him do something real. let him take sides in house debates. hillary is going to rip him a new one. its going to be real ugly the more he threatens her dream of sitting in the throne in the oval office - wonder if she will clean the carpets if she gets there :lol:

17. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]377792[/snapback]</div>
    Just keep banging that drum. Ignore any facts that might contradict the message you're trying to put out there. :rolleyes:

http://www.ucc.org/ucnews/sep06/obama.htm

18. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]377816[/snapback]</div>
    You can read other christians talking about him in the Tribune. He sure must be a sneaky guy to fool all those christians:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politic...1,2852363.story

>>Tim Morgan, deputy managing editor for Christianity Today, who watched the speech, said Obama spoke about his faith with a natural ease that resonated with the audience.
    "He almost speaks here like a pastor," Morgan said. "That's why he gets a standing ovation from an ardently, ardently pro-life audience."
    Several church leaders in attendance said they came away with a favorable impression.
    "You can tell he has a Christian perspective. ... Caring for people is the No. 1 thing about being a Christian," said John Smith, senior pastor of Crossroads Church in Loveland, Colo. "It didn't feel like he was politicking."<<

19. jtullos

jtullos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]377816[/snapback]</div>
    If you care so little, why do you keep mentioning it? And unless you're psychic, you can't know anyone's true thoughts on anything.

Personally, I care about his religion. Not in the respect that I'm endorsing a particular religion, but that it is another factor to consider along with everything else. The same for everyone else. But just saying someone is a Christian, or a Muslim, or an Atheist, means very little in and of itself. It's more about how their religion influences them.

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtullos @ Jan 19 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]377826[/snapback]</div>
    I just keep recalling how the religious right keeps getting press here on this bb - now that the shoe (or sock) is on the other foot we get a change of opinion.

I do not care what religion barak hussein obama is - it makes no difference to me - he will not be the dem presidential candidate and even if he does run for president - he would make carter's re-election bid look competative.

If I were psychic i would understand better why barak hussein obama has become the democratic choir boy - oops - bad analogy :)