1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Obama's running

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eagle33199, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtullos @ Jan 19 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]377826[/snapback]</div>
    'Cause he really does care. But he's trying to divert attention away from that by saying he wants to know "true thoughts". Of course, those "true thoughts" will be dismissed as politicking, so that's an easy dodge.

Actions speak louder than words. And the good doctor's insistence on using Mr. Obama's middle name speaks volumes. See, you keep saying the "Hussein" enough and the sheeple might start thinking that Obama might just be a terrist, by gum!

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You know, dbermanmd, regurgitating the same thing over and over again in the face of valid, undeniable evidence to the contrary doesn't make it the truth... oh wait, thats what the repubs have been doing in Iraq. "we won, we won!"... yeah, right. Guess you toe the party line in that respect, too.

Now, you keep holding up the repub candidates on a golden pedestal as the ideal president - please, tell us why. And simply saying they have experience isn't enough. List the bills the proposed, the acts they did that make them such ideal candidates.

It's very easy to bash someone, as every president in history has had his faults.if the worst you can say about Obama is he doesn't have enough experience and his name doesn't fit in well as a president, then quite frankly i think we can all stop our arguing because it's clear you have no real case.

Please people, don't feed him when his posts have already been answered previously in the thread - it only fuels his delusions.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jan 19 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]377837[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, Doberman is funny about names, isn't he?

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I'm glad he's running. He probably doesn't have a chance, though - How often has someone you've liked this far before a presidential election actually gotten nominated unless they were an incumbent running for a second term?

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I just want someone who's going to do a good job and how the heck can we ever really know that? It's especially difficult when there's so much power involved in the job and I firmly believe in the saying 'never give the job to the one who volunteers'.

6. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Speaking of funny names, Newt Gingrich's middle name is Leroy. How come the liberal media never uses his middle name when referring to him? I can't even turn on the tube without hearing Barak Hussein Obama.

7. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 19 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]377877[/snapback]</div>
    Heck, how about Willard Mitt Romney or John Sidney McCain III or Rudolph William Louis Giuliani III

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Making fun of someone's name is so puerile; so now we're back in elementary school or something? Geez, talk about using stupid factoids to deflect the discussion from what really matters.

I disagree about the 'volunteer' comment...it's those who volunteer, *not those who won't do something until compensated*, who really have the 'passion' to do the job.

9. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 19 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]377894[/snapback]</div>
    You can disagree, you're allowed B) Spiro the zero. Nix on Nixon. hmmmm Gore the...naw, never mind.

Bill the pill, get bored with Ford... Clinton got a job at the white house. Reagan the pagan or you'll go beggin' with Reagan. hmmmm doesn't quite work

10. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 19 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]377894[/snapback]</div>
    I wasn't making fun of it, just pointing out that the media seems to go out of the way to mention it in one case and not another. I meant "funny" as in "unusual" not "ha ha".

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 19 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]377859[/snapback]</div>
    Last time I looked Barak Hussein Obama is his given name.

You referring to be as a dog is offensive - which I am sure is as you meant it to be. I operate differently - If I am going to call someone a name, I will do it to his face and not behind the skirt of the internet.

Yes it bothers me, not that you care. It also bothers me that you would not have the gumption to do it in person. You derrive a sick satisfaction from being able to strike with impunity - and there are those that I am sure share that sickness with you. You should be bothered by your actions - it says a lot about you that others, if they care to notice, observe.

We agree about making fun about someone's name. It speaks volumes about him both in that he does it and how he does it.

12. jtullos

jtullos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]377836[/snapback]</div>
    I can't speak for others, but for me, the religious right is such a problem not because they are Christian, but because they are so determined to force their beliefs on others. I have the same complaints about Atheists who try to force their beliefs and morals on others. It's just that I see a lot more Christians doing it than others in the U.S. So that's what I focus on. If Obama starts pushing his religion, it will bother me just as much as W. pushing his religion does.

13. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 19 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]377902[/snapback]</div>
    While it is his given name, it's not how he's publicly known. Given that argument, I would expect you to refer to John McCain as "John Sidney McCain III" and Rudy Giuliani as "Rudolph William Louis Giuliani III". After all, as MegansPrius pointed out earlier, those are their given names. And, naturally, you talked about "John Forbes Kerry" in 2004.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtullos @ Jan 19 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]377921[/snapback]</div>
    Amen.

14. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtullos @ Jan 19 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]377921[/snapback]</div>
    I've never had an atheist attempt to force their beliefs on me and I know a few. I suppose any group has its members who proselytize <shrug>

15. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 19 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]377900[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, I wasn't singling you out!

It just makes me sad to think that even something as simple as using a man's given name or not (regardless of its associations) can be made to have political implications.

It's the media which vexes me; once again they're inflaming the tone of the debate for commercial profit.

In the process, they're also closing down the discussion of the real issues, and (if you'll allow me to extrapolate so far) inhibiting the process of democracy.

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This just in from a GOP subcommitee formed to swiftboat...er....neutralize the Democratic frontrunners for President.

Top Ten reasons not to vote for Barack Obama

10. He has a funny name. (President Obama. What kind of name is that? We need a good, wholesome American name like Gingrich or Nixon or Cheney.)
    9. He lacks "experience". (Has he ever *been* President? Well, then.)
    8. He smokes. (He probably has sex too.)
    7. His middle name is "Hussein".
    6. He admitted to doing cocaine as a TEENAGER. (Honesty! Why damn him, he'll make our candidate look bad.)
    5. He's BLACK. 'Nuff said.
    4. He's a Democrat. 'Nuff said.
    3. He's a Liberal Democrat. Let me say it again. And again.
    2. He doesn't drive a Prius.

And the top reason that no one should vote for Barack Obama is....

1. dbermanmd says not to.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jan 19 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]377936[/snapback]</div>
    I just Googled "Barack Hussein Obama" and got 246,000+ hits. Seems quite a few refer to him in this manner, why does it offend you when it is used as such here?

Wildkow

p.s. McCain's official bio page for the U.S> Congress http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodi...l?index=M000303

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 19 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]377894[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmmmm, how about mocking someone's pronunciation of certain words? Does that also bother you enough to make mention? <_<

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jan 19 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]377769[/snapback]</div>

The answer to the question is right there in black & white or did it go right over your head? :D

Wildkow

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 19 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]378073[/snapback]</div>
    IMHO, I think it's upsetting 'cause it smacks of cheap politics. See how the discussion has been hijacked? That's exactly what was intended.

19. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 19 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]378079[/snapback]</div>
    It's called "misdirection".

Typical Republican rebuttal strategy.

20. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtullos @ Jan 19 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]377921[/snapback]</div>
    I'm a Christian and don't believe in forcing anyone to do anything. As taught by Jesus, see Matt 10:14, Mar 6:11. I'm sure there are some that do think this is the way to do things but I assure you that the vast majority do not believe that force is the way to spread the message. Now that being said the marriage of Politics and Religion is certainly something to be wary of and when it happens, we are all in for a rough time, I assure you. But this will be propagated by certain people that are only after one thing and that is power to squelch the Christian message of Love, Judgment and Forgiveness. As a matter of fact the Bible teaches us to “render unto Caesar what is Caesars and unto God what is God’s†in other words don’t mix the two. A dangerous line being trod by the Religious Right at this time but up till now not being forced on anyone.

Wildkow