1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Obama's running

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eagle33199, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 25 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]380801[/snapback]</div>
    Aww, you poor sensitive little thing, you...I feel your pain, being part of the ruling race, and having the folks we've historically oppressed make fun of us...

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 25 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]380810[/snapback]</div>
    :D :D :D

Not only that, but the prospect that after well over 200 years of lily-white rule, a person of color could be on the ballot, leads him to fear that if two people of color were elected, it would be the "downfall" of the white race.

It is worthwhile noting here that the concept of "race" has cultural meaning, but no anatomical meaning. Skin color stands out because it is visible and heritable, but the variation within any given "race" is massively greater than the average differences between "races."

"Race" has meaning only because our racist society treats people badly, and sometimes with barbaric violence, if their skin color is different from that of the people in charge.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think we're going to find that politics is the new racism. It's not going to be as important that Obama and Richardson are black or hispanic; it will be because they are Democrats/Liberals.

On another forum I frequent a book store owner pointed out some books that came in the store:

Help! Mom! There are liberals under the bed!
    http://www.amazon.com/Help-Mom-There-Liber...1656380-5451901

Help Mom! The 9th circuit nabbed my nativity
    http://www.amazon.com/Help-Mom-Circuit-Nab...5155934-6884044

Help Mom, Hollywood's in my Hamper.
    http://www.amazon.com/Help-Mom-Hollywoods-...5155934-6884044

The Help Mom books are bigoted, hate-filled propoganda. They don't pretend to be satire directed at adults. They are seriously bigoted books aimed at indoctrinating the very young.

One reviewer wrote this: "You can indoctrinate you child or let the public school system (i.e. the federal government) do this for you. It is your responsibility and the choice is yours. This book can help in a fun and entertaining manor."

To which I respond....IT'S MANNER YOU REDNECKED TWIT.

Another reviewer clearly illlustrates the narrow-minded, bigoted, NeoCon, NeoNazi agenda of both the author and the above customer:

"The kind of right-wing paranoia that DeBrecht is feeding is at least as old as America itself, and its belief system is totally impervious to real-world politics. The right-wing paranoid believes, and has always believed, that there is a group of people who:

1) are evil
    2) control the media
    3) control the schools
    4) are trying to get your money
    5) are trying to alter your religious beliefs

If this book had been written 50 years ago, it would have been called "Help! Mom! There are Communists Under my Bed!"

If this book had been written 100 years ago, it would have been called "Help! Mom! There are International Bankers Under my Bed!"

If this book had been written 150 years ago, it would have been called "Help! Mom! There are Catholics Under my Bed!"

If this book had been written 200 years ago, it would have been called "Help! Mom! There are Masons Under my Bed!"

If this book had been written 250 years ago, it would have been called "Help! Mom! There are Illuminati Under my Bed!"

Otherwise the text would have been pretty much the same, as would the appeal."

So in the end it won't be because Obama is Black or Richardson is Hispanic. It will because they're both Democrats and hence they both must be Evil Liberal Athiests out to steal your money and brainwash you.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 19 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]378114[/snapback]</div>
    Pinto Girl, Godiva, Daniel, Megansprius, Proco, eagle33199 and/or other supporters of BHO. I asked before in a prior post in this topic but got no reply. I wonder why? Would anyone now care to comment on BHO's vote against a state version of Born Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA) in Illinois? It passed overwhelmingly in the U.S. Senate but was defeated twice due in large part to BHO's vote against, it finally passed in 2005 after Obama left. Do you have a position on providing medical care to an infant born alive after a failed abortion? Do you think it infringes a mother right's to have a law providing medical care to a BAI after a botched abortion? This was BHO's reason for voting against it twice and for shelving the measure in 2003 so that it couldn't even come up for a fair vote. Is that your position also and if so could you explain it to me?

Perhaps you could explain Michelle Obama's position when she sent out fund-raising letters asking supporters for $150 dollars to fight "cynical ploys" by right wingers who passed a law stopping partial birth abortions and the doctors from stabbing half-born babies in the neck with scissors, suctioning out their brains and crushing their skulls?

Have a nice day. . .

Wildkow

p.s. "Common sense ain't common. - Will Rogers

“He's a man of great common sense and good taste, meaning thereby a man without originality or moral courage†– George Benhard Shaw

5. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 26 2007, 12:39 AM) [snapback]380994[/snapback]</div>
    I'm confident that if you researched this bill you'd find that it is far more than you make it out to be, and that it has all sorts of objectionable clauses in it, probably restricting women's rights in all sorts of ways, and very possibly containing unrelated measures as well.

It is a common political ploy to tack something that sounds good onto an otherwise very bad bill, and then use a legislator's vote against the bill in politcal attack ads, as though the legislator had voted against that one measure.

And why are conservatives so fanatically opposed to sex education, which has been shown to reduce teenage sex? And why are they so opposed to making birth control available, when that reduces the number of unwanted pregnancies? Both measures would go further in reducing the number of abortions than laws restricting women's control over their own bodies!

6. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 26 2007, 04:39 AM) [snapback]380994[/snapback]</div>
    Name calling aside, none of us need to explain it, as Obama already clearly did during a debate in his senatorial election campaign: http://www.keyesobama.com/transcript10-12.php

OBAMA: Well, you know, this is apparently the entire basis on which Ambassador Keyes decided to contradict himself with respect to his views about federalism and not carpet-bagging and not running in other states. According to Ambassador Keyes, this was the reason, this bill. And unfortunately, it's premised on a falsehood. You know, if Ambassador Keyes had called me up, he could have saved himself a trip because existing Illinois law mandates that any infant that has a chance for survival is provided life-saving treatment. Not only that, you've got to have a second doctor there to certify that in fact that is the case. That continues to be the case, that is current law today, as it should be.

Now, the bill that was put forward was essentially a way of getting around Roe vs. Wade, which is why 21 other senators, Democrat and Republican, why the Illinois Medical Society objected to the bill. At the federal level there was a similar bill that passed because it had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe vs. Wade. I would have voted for that bill.

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Having no prior knowledge of this bill, i did a quick search... i found a ton of sites that basically were putting Obama down for his vote on this bill with no supporting information what so ever. Another search turned up the above quote, and an interesting passage explaining the practical applications of the bill.

The US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) interpreted the bill, saying that any infant, regardless of length of gestation or maturity, was to receive life saving treatment if it showed any signs of being alive that a layperson would detect. Essentially, this means that a 20-week old baby (half the normal gestation time), with pretty much a 0 chance of survival that happens to be breathing when it comes out would require the doctors to go through expensive and time consuming emergency care until the baby finally died. in this situation, most hospitals would provide comfort for the baby and the family.

So, let me ask you, Wildkow, what would you rather have, a law stating that physicians had to provide emergency care for any infant with a chance of survival, or one stating that such care had to be provided for all infants, regardless of the informed medical opinion that there was no chance for survival. Would you rather have those 20 week old deliveries treated with care and comfort, or would you want them to go through the pain and anguish of expensive medical procedures during their brief hour in this world?

As for the other issue, have you read the letter? it was addressed as an invitation to a luncheon for women concerning related issues. the point of the letter wasn't to fight these "ploys" as you so nicely put it, but to highlight a situation where a womans rights could be violated under federal law. It states a request by the justice department for private medical records of such women as a way to intimidate certain physicians into dropping their case against the partial birth abortion ban. a ban which does not take into account the health effects such actions could have on the mother.

So it really is much, much more than what you described. in a birthing situation where only one will survive, the mother or the child, which one should it be? According to the ban, it's the child, and the mother is SOL. but in legitimate medical practice, the physician has the option to make that call, based on his understanding of the odds for each one to survive the procedure and based on the mothers consent. The ban essentially takes away a womans right to live when she gives birth.

So, tell me Wildkow, how would you rather have it? Allow a medical professional to determine and present the odds and help make the decision on a case by case basis, or have the legislature strip these basic, unalienable rights from the mother?

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jan 26 2007, 06:15 AM) [snapback]381046[/snapback]</div>
    A mere, but rather humorous, Freudian slip I assure you. <_< Besides I doubt I will get much argument from your wife over this characterization, you might want to look over the fine print in your marriage contract again before arguing this point further. :)

Wildkow

p.s. Spelling of Megansprius rectalfied my sincerest apologies.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 27 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]381560[/snapback]</div>
    ?

Does that indicate where you shoved it?

How many Freudian slips are in your closet?

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 26 2007, 10:51 PM) [snapback]381575[/snapback]</div>
    My dear lady, I am shocked! :eek: Your delicate nature has been revealed as a deception and an outright fraud by your very own hand. The very fact that you noticed this rather unfortunate spelling reveals a rather perverse and deviant lifestyle lurking in you hind's eye. ;)

Furthermore, I think your concept of the nature of Freudian slips is mistaken. You do know what a Freudian slip is don’t you? It’s where you think one thing and say your mother. Freudian slips do not manifest themselves physically and therefore can not be shoved or stored in a closet.

BTW that’s where I pulled it from. Where I plan to shove it has yet to be determined. I do have several thoughts concerning its placement and since you have expressed and interest in the aforementioned subject matter would you care to volunteer?

Wildkow

p.s. No orifices will be harmed in this enactment. I promise! :lol:

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 26 2007, 11:28 PM) [snapback]381583[/snapback]</div>
    A good argument for careful proofreading. :D

12. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    So let me get this straight... Wildkow posts something that is supposed to be anti-Obama... when it's quickly refuted, the conversation turns to his rectum? :lol:

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]382740[/snapback]</div>
    Why not? It's the same place he gets most of his "facts".

14. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just finished listening to Barak Obama's first book, "Dreams of my Father", read by the man himself. I would recommend everyone do the same. At the end is his 2004 Democratic Convention speech. Pretty amazing. I'm going to listen to his more recent book next.

I am pretty convinced that Hillary will win the democratic party nomination, just because she knows how to play the game well. But I am a fan of Barak Obama all the way and if he won the nomination, I'd vote for him without pause. I don't know why. He just seems to be smart, he speaks well, he seems to have good ideas. We need a real leader in this country and in this world. Someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth and fight for the rights of the poor and the working class all over the world. Someone who will recognize all the innocent Iraqi people killed in the past few years, and someone who will honor the fallen American soldiers as they deserve to be, and protect the wounded ones.

Yeah!

Dave

15. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveLeePrius @ Jan 30 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]382952[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the recommendation, Dave. Time to see if my library has the audio book for either of these.