1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBD Reader

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by orlandocfa, Jul 12, 2017.

1. orlandocfa

orlandocfa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was recommended that I take a look at the OBDLink LX but they are only compatable with Android and I have an Iphone. The MX Wifi Model is a bit out of budget. Does anyone have any other OBD2 readers they would recommend that would work with an Iphone?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In order to use a smartphone, you first need to get a reliable (and fast) OBDII dongle. To get a good one, you have to spend the money.

Have a look on the EngineLink app (it's an iOS app) website, I believe they recommend dongles that work well with their app.

Good luck in your quest.

#2 dolj, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. marlinsmobile

marlinsmobile Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have this one, which is a cheap ELM327 knock-off. It was affordable and has worked well for me, but YMMV!

I've used it to log about 95% of my trips in my gen 3 using the EngineLink app on iOS.

Here are some additional threads on OBDII apps for iOS: OBDII iPhone App | PriusChat

4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I too have an ELM327 Wi-Fi and have two apps for iOS: "FourStroke" and "FORSCAN". Forscan is specifically for Ford products, while FourStroke is all makes. Neither will do jack with codes for a Toyota HSD system :(