1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Obd2 readers not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by TheGMann, Jul 26, 2019.

1. TheGMann

TheGMann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey Guys (Gals)
    Not sure whats wrong, but I can't get any obd2 readers to connect with my android phone. I have used them before OK but my software doesn't seem to connect anymore.
    I have tried several different readers but still no success. I have also tried several different software programs - same result.

I am wondering has something changed? Do the bluetooth readers go bad..... any thoughts, ideas?

2. richmke

richmke Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Sounds like a phone problem.
    1) Make sure the Bluetooth on your phone is on.
    2) Try another phone. If you can connect to the OBDII reader with another phone, then it is your phone that is the problem.
    3) Does the OBDII reader connect to the phone, but the software doesn't recognize the device?

3. TheGMann

TheGMann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    FIXED!!!! Was frustrated by the elm327 not connecting, did a lot of searching and here is the solution that worked for me, hope this helps

Go to phone blue tooth settings and manually unpair all connections, repair with your device. Thats it!

Previously tried. software reload, phone power on off, switching elm327 pluggin, disconnect battery, different phone (probably same issue)

Simple interface conflict, Hope this helps