1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBDII Readers that work well with PriiDash

Discussion in 'PriiDash (TM)' started by kabiblueline, Mar 26, 2014.

1. kabiblueline

kabiblueline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was looking for some buying advice for purchasing an OBDII reader for my 2005 Prius.

Primarily I'd like to collect some data on my traction battery health with PriiDash. But I also like the idea of using Torque occasionally for the Prius and possibly other vehicles.

To that end, I think I'd prefer a Bluetooh OBDII reader over a USB version.
    Do these work well with PriiDash?
    Does anyone have specific make and model OBD readers that work well, either Bluetooth or USB?

The only one I see mentioned consistently is the OBDLink SX (USB), but that isn't even available from the manufacturer anymore - they only sell Bluetooth versions. The SX is availableon eBay and other places.

Has anyone tried the BAFX Products Bluetooth scan tool? It is available from Amazon for a good price and gets excellent reviews.

2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    If you also want to use Torque then yes pick a Bluetooth one. To that end I tested OBDLink MX a while ago and it worked fine. You need to set PriiDash to "Req Only" mode because Bluetooth is not fast enough to capture all the available data (OK for your purpose though). From the manufacturer's web site
    ScanTool.net LLC - Scan Tools - ScanTool.net
    it looks like they do still sell SX (USB) and a cheaper Bluetooth version LX.