1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBDll mini cable/software

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Rodney O, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw on this forum where I could buy a mini -Vic cable and Techstream software for my prius. It showed up today with no instructions. I loaded on my laptop and it asks for software key, dealer name, etc. I thought I could buy this and plug into my computer and turn off/on options on my Pruis plus look at diagnostic codes. I am thinking I totally blew it because I can't get any of the software to work past the launch screen.

Is there a users manual out there telling how to operate this thing? HELP................I might have wasted $35 because I mistakenly thought I could run this on my pc.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks...........Rod

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks but I must be missing something because I can'g find answer. I already have the software but cannot get the unit to opeerarte as stated on the ad. My pc has the software loaded but I cannot get the computer to talk to the prius via the cable. ???????

I am obviously doing something wrong and anyone's assisance is much appreciaed. I had hoped this moni-vci would give me some ansers. I am just trying to tur non/off the beeping when using the keyfob..

Thanks again....

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If you can get to the Techstream screen you need to go into "setup" at the top left of the screen. Then in the drop down box choose VIM select, then choose mongoose pro or mini vci depending on what shows. Do not choose Techstream VIM.
    It sometime takes a couple of attempts to connect "choose try again in the error box".

John (Britprius)

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try this:

Close TS (Techstream), edit the file IT3System.ini as below, then open TS again:

open My Computer, C: Program files\Toyota Diagnostics \Techstream\Env

open IT3System.ini file and scroll down to

AVAILABLE FUNCTION SETTING

Switch TISFunction=1 to TISFunction=0 {i.e. zero}

Click File, and Save.

hope this helps.

strawbrad and Britprius like this.
  6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You do not state what operating system you are using this would be helpful also if it's 32 bit or 64 bit.
    Good advice from "dolj" above.

John (Britprius)

7. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is a 32 bit Windows 7.....will that still work? The software loaded but still having trouble getting it to connect. Is there a manual or directions that I can pull up to show me how to use the software?

Thanks.......

Thanks....I have followed your directions and the drop down doesn't show mongoose pro or mini vci but XHorse - MVCI so I am trying that as soon as I get back out to my car.

#7 Rodney O, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  8. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    #8 dolj, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015