1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Observations After Shopping Camry & Avalon Hybrids

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by car compulsive, May 16, 2014.

1. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Seems like $2k is the standard difference in what you can get at the dealer and private party for a wide variety of vehicles. Take only a little bit of time to sell it by yourself. It's a pretty good hourly wage, probably to the tune of $200-$500 an hour. :)

usnavystgc likes this.
  2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I just arrived home a few minutes ago. I traded my 2011 Prius Two today for a 2014 Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring. I think it is what you have. I have driven it 80 miles. I like the car. I traded for the exact same reason you did, plus one other reason. I am 76 years old. I wanted one more luxury car before I leave this world and I think I made the right choice. I'm sure you feel the same way about your decision. Thank you for answering some questions about the Avalon.

hybridbear and usnavystgc like this.
  3. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You are welcome, I'm 71, so it seems we have the same motivation, I've got 4500 miles on mine so far so good. In fact My wife and I went with another couple for dinner last night ( it was about a 30 minute drive) and the husband was so comfortable in the back seat, he fell asleep both ways. I took it as a compliment for the car, but I may be that I'm that boring.

hybridbear and fotomoto like this.
  4. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I think he fell asleep because of the car. It's comfortable and roomy back there. A nice car with a lot of nice features. I sure like the blind spot monitors. Works great. I think we have the same motivation in our purchase too.

5. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Both of you guys made out with the TAH. What a great car.

6. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    It is a nice car. I had to take a hit on the gas mileage versus the Prius but you can expect that. The Prius will spoil you as we all know but for a big car the Avalon Hybrid gets good gas mileage.