1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Observations on my new '06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RonM, Dec 5, 2005.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Uh-oh. Heidi's 06 Silver Pine Mica arrived today. So I'll have a chance to do some specific queries over the next couple of weeks. (Though it'll have to be things that can be observed from the passenger seat. :) )

Yup -- you're right, Ron. The button on the Info screen switches off the MFD beeps, but not the reverse beep.

I'll try the old-fashioned method tomorrow for switching off reverse beeps (Heidi's running a charity auction tonight, so our Priuses only got to spend a little time together.) I will post my results -- but if someone already knows if the '04-05 method for switching reverse beeps off works for the '06, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about it.

2. NightRider

NightRider New Member

I am a previous owner of an 05 Prius.

I picked up an 06 today (gave 05 to family member and got the package that I really wanted)

I can add/confirm a few things:

Reverse beep must be shut off by the old method (looks like this has been confirmed)

There are two color choices for the MFD (green and orange). I recall blue and green,
    and 1 other color in my 05 (correct me if wrong), but either way, the screen display
    colors have changed to either green or orange (at least for the #3)

Mine came with mats, RBA, and wheel locks (got the mats, RBA, and GBS with 05)

The MFD upgrade is very nice! I prefer it over the 05. Clearer display, better graphics,
    etc. The consumption display has changes slightly in that the arrows going to and from
    the wheels are now distinctly different colors, and the font size of certain info appears
    a different size. Also, the display icons and the picture of the wheels and the battery
    are different. I will do a compare on Monday with my dad's 05.

This is something of interest to 05 owners. Well, I have not actually played with it to find out
    what it does, but there is a second button next to the Smart Key on/off button. This button
    says set on it.

Another thing in the new manual that I do not recall reading in the 05 manual (I may have over
    looked it) is that you can program your fob to either open just the driver side on first press(default), or all doors, or one other senario. I am going to leave it as is.

I picked up my 06 with 4 miles on it. 05 had 7 miles on it. I wonder if they even test drove it,
    even though the pre-delivery states they did.

***ok, I checked on the extra button below the steering wheel......it is the Tire presure warning
    system reset switch***

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I'll be waiting too to know about the suspension.. might be able to help decide what brace to buy Brians or toms.

Good to see they finally updated the ebrochure to reflect the hybrid warranty of 8 years 100K.

4. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I thought it was concluded that the suspension of the US model did not change at all from the '05?

5. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just checked here from home at the techinfo site also and can not find the NCF either. I will check on our TIS at work Monday. Been busy around here with Christmas and all. Also have a Master Diagnostic Test I am working on, :( .

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

thanks Rick :)

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, thanks, and good luck on your Master Diagnostic Test!

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The last colour NightRider missed is grey

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Much obliged, NR -- I'll do that later today.

Can't remember if it's in the 05 manual, but you can program the fob on the '05s as well.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Ditto, Rick -- may the Muses be in your corner!

11. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the wishes, :) . I have checked everywhere on TIS here at work and can find no NCF yet. Wonder when it will come out? Should be anytime I would think, <_< .

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

BTW -- just to add another confirmation the "old method" of switching off the reverse beep works fine with the '06.

13. Wynder

Wynder New Member

What is the 'old method'?

14. bookrats

bookrats New Member

My apologies -- I forgot to link to that.

It is fully described here.