1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Occasional severe vibration on highway

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jonb505, Dec 24, 2014.

1. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    We have bought tires in the USA and brought them back to Canada many times, only paid the HST on them. Some were installed and some were loose. Some places in WA. you can ask for tax exempt, show D/L to prove you are from BC and save some $$.[/QUOTE]

I thought that's only for residents of provinces/states that do not collect provincial/state taxes?[/QUOTE]

We get tax exempt at Harbor F... in Wa. but not in Idaho. Other places say there comp. is not set-up for that. Haven't tried it at tire dealerships as most tires we bought were take-offs from Craig's List. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    Also IIRC you can save up receipts and send in to Wash State to get tax back as everything was sold for export. I have not done that as it seems like a lot of hassle, (and my wife is good about tossing receipts out) lol
    I have bought used vehicles at dealerships in Idaho, Wash. and Or. and no tax because they are leaving the state. I think no state sales tax in Oregon so that one doesn't count. Shop around and you may find a great deal.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting...