1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OCKEVIN'S Prius Plus Build - Tech Day

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by HAWAIIANBUILT, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Smoking the lights covers the reflectors and hence is technically illegal (unless you make a cut-out for the reflectors). The vast majority of aftermarket taillights have rear reflectors but lack side reflectors; however, reflectors are not required to be within the taillights. So if you don't want the (extremely low) risk of getting pulled over, you can add retro-reflectors to the sides of the rear bumper like in the video below and you'd be legal.

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  2. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have never been pulled over in my Prius....so I must be lucky.

3. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I have never been pulled over for smoked tails neither (another car, another state), but I've been reading many posts about the unlucky few. Around here, I seldom see suited up vehicles. 99% of them still uses their dealership license frame. I just don't want to be sticking out too much with a tinted, lowered and about to be "bodykitted" Prius.
    Thanks for all the help, I'll look into the bumper reflectors.