1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd request. Can anyone help

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by butchbs1985, Mar 14, 2013.

1. butchbs1985

butchbs1985 Taking things apart is fun!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So I am wanting to install SKS on the passenger and rear door of my Prius v (lowercase v) 3. I've tracked down pretty much all of the parts but can't get a part number nailed down for the passenger door wiring harness. The parts guy I've e-mailed says that if I had the VIN of a v 5 he could probably check it and find out.

Anyone willing to volunteer their VIN for a v 5 so I can see if it can happen?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jzerocsk

Jzerocsk Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you get this sorted out, please post a DIY...I would also love to do it if it's not too expensive/complex.

3. butchbs1985

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  4. butchbs1985

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So the last response that I got from the parts dept that I've been E-mailing is:
    "That part # does not come on the ā€œvā€ model, only on the other models."

Anyone ever had their passenger door opened up who can look at how it's connected since apparently it must be wireless? ;)

5. Native2PS

Native2PS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I too would like to know this as I want to upgrade my v (lowercase v)3 to the 3 door SKS that comes on a v 5, hasnt anyone done this?

6. Native2PS

Native2PS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Update: I have ordered all of the parts, and have confirmed that there is no wiring harness on the Prius v (lowercase v), so hopefully the connection for the passenger side door handle is wireless, we will see once I get the parts in and start taking the car apart!