1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd Traffic Violation Question - PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by macmaster05, Jul 21, 2011.

1. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm pretty sure the mods would not work in my favor, haha. Good thing I didn't have front window tint! ;)

Possibly the best explanation I ever heard. Thank you. :yo:

2. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know first hand police officers sometimes see or in view of a traffic violation and do not respond because:

(1)They have a prisoner or suspect in the back seat, most depts.
    it is against policy to pull a person over if you have a transport.

(2) They are enroute to a call that takes priority even though they have no lights or sirens activated.

(3) The violation is not of extreme importance as to turn around and stop the suspect may pose a safety issue due to heavy traffic.

(4) There are times a traffic violation does occur in view of the officer but he / she may be on the radio or listening to an important broadcast etc.

These are just a few of possible reasons. Also, for the most part, police officers are sometimes so busy in investigations and calls they have to set priorities and stopping drivers for minor traffic violations may not be a high enough priority.

alfon

1 person likes this.
  3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My opinion: He merged to the right lane to nab you if you DIDN'T make a right turn, in other words, when he saw your turn signal and that you were turning, you were no longer an issue.

But, I think airportkid's take on it is equally valid.

1 person likes this.
  4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ^Yeah Rae, I thought that too. Thanks.

But even if I wasn't an issue anymore, he wouldn't want to eventually tell me it was unsafe or something? I dont know. I'll see if anything comes in the mail tomorrow now that a day has passed. I'm not too worried at this point as you all have helped allay my fears. Time will eventually cure it too. :) (the first night I posted this, I seriously thought someone would be knocking at my front door for evading police or something!)

All these posts have been great. Most 'thanks' I've ever handed out. :D

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    BTW - almost 2 weeks have gone by. Nothing in the mail. I think I even drove past the same cop today in the same city and nothing happened. LOL. So I'm feeling better, thanks! :)

6. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No, he's just waiting for you to step (drive) out of line again. So, unless you want to change your name and move out of the area, you should be on your best driver behaviour It couldn't hurt ;-)