1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd Window Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by '04Prius, Mar 23, 2013.

1. '04Prius

'04Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have an '04 Prius with the Nav System and Bluetooth. Whenever I try to roll up the drivers side window using the "Auto" function (pulling the lever all the way up and letting go) the window rolls up, and then rolls back down about 1". The only way I can get the window to roll up all the way is to pull the lever up 1/2 way, and hold it down. Help?

2. gmcneil05

gmcneil05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sounds like the parameters need to be reset for the auto function. With the window all the way down hold all the switch all the way up and keep holding it until 5 seconds or so after the window is all the way up.

3. '04Prius

'04Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That did not fix it. Thanks though!

4. dhanson865

dhanson865 Expert and Devil's advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the full version is

(a) *1: Turn the power switch ON (IG).
    (b) *2: Open the power window halfway by pressing the power window switch.
    (c) *3: Fully pull up on the switch until the power window is fully closed and continue to hold the switch for at least 1 second.
    (d) *4: Check that the AUTO UP / DOWN function operates normally.

If the AUTO UP / DOWN function operates normally, reset operations are complete. If abnormal, follow steps below.

(e) Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal cable for 10 seconds.
    (f) Connect the battery terminal cable.
    (g) Perform steps *1 to *4 again.

don't know why the Toyota instructions have both letters and numbers for the steps but hopefully that makes sense to you.