1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odometer from Miles to KM

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by sergebergeron, May 31, 2008.

1. sergebergeron

sergebergeron New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi I bouhgt a US standards 2008 Prius and imported into Canada. We know the Prius is highly programmable, so does anyone know how to convert the Odometer (now in miles to KM) and the Energy Screen from MPG to Litresl/100KM.

I have the formulas to calculate this manually but I am looking for a way to chnage the programming so that the displays are all shown in metrics. The GPS navigation system is presently fully convertable to US/Metric.

I've asked around and it looks like this is not doable and also the Toyota garage technicians will not touch this either because they do not want to encourage individuals doing any imports/exports by others than Toyota. This is to control Pricing in the automobile market.

2. aminorjourney

aminorjourney Mum to two prius!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been asked this exact question in the past. I think that it should be possible, but quite how is beyond me.

If you get into the diagnostic screen of the MFD (hold down info while switching your lights on and off three times) and then repeat to get to the second screen, you'll find a setting called destn. You can scroll through the different market destinations available for the Prius but for some reason you can't save the value.

It's not much but may be a start. We'll need the heavy-duty MFD geeks to come help this one!

3. EtN

EtN Irish-Italian Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't have the DESTN setting, only "car type" or some such. Tried changing this parameter but nothing happened :(

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It cannot be done...

5. Paata

Paata New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello i wants how to convert mile to km ..who is know .pleasee cintact me ..thanks..

Toyota prius 2008

#5 Paata, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2020
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The only gauge that can be converted between miles kilometers is the speedometer, as far as I know.

7. PaulDM

PaulDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I know this thread is quite old but for completeness in case this comes up again….
    In both my 2005 and 2007 gen two’s had the kmh/mph button which indeed does change the Speedo
    Now here is the trick.. whilst stationary with the engine turned on push that button and hold for 10-15 seconds and it switches between mpg and km/l

C479459B-7689-4D66-A8FB-1924D6937CF9.jpeg

Mendel Leisk and jerrymildred like this.
  8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's an Easter egg extraordinaire; wonder if it'd work with 3rd and 4th gen...

PaulDM likes this.
  9. ALCRO

ALCRO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone try that?
    I have 2005 and ill try as soon as i bleed the brakes today and connect battery and service plug.
    You give me hope