1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odometer/Gas indicator blinking and Maintenance required light on. Stuck at 0 mph

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Aluhex, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Aluhex

Aluhex New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just filled up my gas tank 2 days ago and the next morning gas is at one bar and flashing, odometer is also flashing and the "maintenance required" is on the screen. However later in the day it reverted back to normal. This morning it did the same thing. The issue is at 7:40 AM and is resolved around 9:30 AM, meaning it reverts back to how it should be. Speedometer is at 0 throughout drive and after turning the car off the screen shows "miles traveled, gas consumption, etc"

Video:
    2012 Toyota prius

*Update, Everything was fine again from 10 AM-5PM but when I started my car at 9 PM the issue occurred again. I made sure my gas cap was on tightly.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Check your battery and it's connections

3. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For the blinking fuel level indicator, could be there's some kind of partial connections some from the battery location.
    The system might be recalibrating itself, or so. I thinkbits has to do with the bladder in the tank?!

4. sparkk

sparkk New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I m facing the same problem with my Prius 2011.
    Aluhex, plz guide if ur problem solved.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Troubling, display going bad? Corroding connections??

6. sparkk

sparkk New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Since last couple of days in morning while first start odo reading+fuel bar start falshing with the msg "Oil Maintenance Required" and speedometer stuck on "0' during drive however if I switched off power with/without drive then odo reading flashes nd after waiting some seconds it's goes off nd then by pressing power button again it's comes to normal. I have also performed oil maintenance reset but it's end on message "Oil Maintenance Reset Incomplete".
    So experts kindly advise.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Contact dealership. Also consider contacting Toyota directly; I'd think this is a safety issue.

8. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Asides that, has there being any signs of water intrusions on the connectors at the engine bay?

9. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Health of 12 volt battery?

10. sparkk

sparkk New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not only in morning I got same error even when I power on after almost 5 hours parking, and then I got it temporarily fixed after switched off nd waited for the odo reading flashing to went off. I have loaded both videos for the better understanding, so experts kindly advise a permanent solution.

11. Sirjuan

Sirjuan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Long shot but did anyone ever figure out the fix or cause of this? I’m having the same Issues. Flashing speedo which is stuck at Km/h, gas gauge flashes the bottom bar only and the trip dial is not showing estimated miles note odometer ready. I’ve checked fuses, put in a new 12v aux battery but absolutely no luck. Me and my wife just had a baby and she’s been driving the car like that and I’m just worried for her safety. Any clues to this fix would be amazing.
    Thank you