1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM All Weather floor mat slips

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Blueeyedme, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Blueeyedme

Blueeyedme Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    We have a new 2020 Prius with the oem all weather floor mats. Specifically the passenger side must be the thinnest rubber ever as the edges just fold over in addition to the mat not staying put, it slips out of position with normal use. What can I use to keep the mat in place?

2. Kimoy

Kimoy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Same.

Janell Spiecha likes this.
  3. Sonya S

Sonya S New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    These are by far the worst floor mats I have ever had. I fully expected them to be similar to WeatherTech. They are thin and floppy. I am going to contact Toyota to let them know how dissatisfied I am with their floor mats.

4. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sadly you will be talking to deaf ears, Toyota hasn't cared about things like that in a long while, you are right they should be the best, but if they can get you to buy at a ridiculous price for what you get, they are happy.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Same for the PP. If I could find a new car without the floor mats option added, I would have. But, you can't find any. They are expensive for what they are, but still substantially less than the Weather Tech or Husky.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    To answer the OP question, velcro strips might work. Strangely, on my 2022 XLE Nightshade, while they do seem rather flexible, they do stay put.

7. 2020XLEAWD

2020XLEAWD Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Ordering the set from weather tech. My driver side Prius has a hole in the middle from my foot already. I never liked the leaf design anyway.

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This is the carpet-style Toyota floor mat? No rubber inset in the driver’s mat?

our 2010 was thus: came with the stock carpeted floor mats, and driver’s mat wore right through where your right heel rests, within maybe 20k kms. I sewed in a rubber piece, similar to what you normally get with driver’s floor mats, on any other vehicle we’ve had.

#8 Mendel Leisk, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  9. MIkeDr

MIkeDr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I wish Toyota would’ve spent the extra $1 and add a hook on the passenger side like they did on the driver side. I’m assuming the latter was added as a result of a lawsuit, in particular since “required maintenance” every 5K miles includes making sure that the mat is in place. I’m guessing someone got into an accident because the mat rode up into the pedal area, preventing the brake pedal from being pushed.

Janell Spiecha likes this.
  10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Driver's side hook has always been there as far as I can remember - well before the SUA fiasco.

The new rule that came from that was no stacking of mats was allowed. (i.e. rubber mats on top of the carpeted ones).

Also, it seems the US' all-weather mats is thinner than the Canadian ones. The Canadian ones have gotten thinner and lighter over the years (our 2002 Camry's were heavy and bulky and the 2016 Prius' is light and noticeably thinner) but the hexagonal design is clearly meant to hold water and slush (along with the dual water channels that run the perimeter of the floor mats).

(See my sig for a link to a photo)

11. 2020XLEAWD

2020XLEAWD Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e

No they are rubber just really thin rubber

Mendel Leisk likes this.