1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM Backup Camera and Pioneer aftermarket deck

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ssdesigner, Jul 21, 2016.

1. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    Persona
    I've been searching here (and online in general) for nearly 2 hours....can't find anything for the 2016 Prius.

I'm trying to use the backup camera that is already on my Prius and attach to my Pioneer SPH-DA120 deck. The deck has an RCA input for a camera, but I'm reading small tidbits about the voltage on Toyota's cameras being different than what an aftermarket deck puts out? Anyone taken this task on?

2. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have a Pioneer radio AVH-5600 and found that it just wasn't worth the bother th use the OE camera.
    I purchased a camera on ebay for about $15-$20. No big deal. In fact I bought almost the same camera and mounted it in the fron grill and plugged it into the AV input. Bought a bypass device to make the AV work all the time.
    Works great. Already moved it from my '09 to my '15
    Regards, Don
    Naples FL Owner of three Prius's at this time.

3. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    Persona
    I had a nice backup cam in my 2009 Camry, and it was only $40. So I don't mind getting a different camera, but I insist that it goes where the OEM camera sits currently. I do NOT want to leave the old camera and create a new hole.

4. Autoist

Autoist Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Look in the threads for a radio upgrade. I remember someone else did this and he got an adapter to allow use of the OE camera with the new head unit.

5. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    Persona
    I received an email from auto harness house with this link. I'd love to know if anyone else can confirm this working with their Prius:

AutoHarnessHouse

6. Autoist

Autoist Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Call and ask what their return policy is if the part doesn't work.