1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM Cargo Bars Prius Chat Shop

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by wjtracy, Feb 26, 2016.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    During the downtime today I had a moment to check out the Shop and I saw some pretty cool OEM roof rack bars for the Gen4. Don't think we've had that before...had to go with Thule, Yakima etc. Do we think they are removable or permanent?

Price is right too.

2016 Prius Cargo Cross Bars - OEM - PriusChat Shop

[​IMG]

#1 wjtracy, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. snipercoder

snipercoder Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Not bad looking. I believe it's one of those roof rack where it will use the edges between the roof and door. In other words, it's not a built-in attachment like those of Audi's or even Mazda's where they actually have hidden screws in the roof gutter. For example, in the Mazda 3, you slide off the rubber gutter seal to reveal a hidden screw or fastener. Still, I like the look of it.

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree it looks removable and that would be ideal.
    I always thought they should make one for Prius...

4. slinke1

slinke1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    We had a Saab roof rack that had a peg that fit in a hole that was hidden under the rubber, so it hooked in the groove and didn't move front to back because of the peg. That was a great system, and I hope they've done something like that. Now if they'd just make a custom dog grate for the wagon.... The Subaru Forester I had a decade ago had a great one, and they built in support in the ceiling, so it was really solid.