1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oem fog light install **help**

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by El Nino, Oct 4, 2011.

1. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    OK...everything was going along great. I installed the black ground and when I went to install the relay on the next bolt..IT SNAPPED OFF. Can I just connect it to the harness and zip it to something? I dont think the plastic casing has any grounding since it is plastic?

Help me out please! :(

E

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If it were mine, I would try to find another bolt close by and put it under there. I agree with you that it is probably not grounding anything and zip tying it to a wire bundle will probably work. I think the reason for the bolt is just to secure it from flopping around.

3. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. The tab of the relay broke so I did just zip tied it and hooked it up. I wrapped it up in some electrical tap as well to prevent any water damage. They look and work great!

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks. My original thought was that the bolt snapped off, not the relay bolt tab. (I was going to say something about not overtorquing the bots :)). In that case, you had no choice but to zip tie and tape.

They do look and work great don't they. Glad you had success.

1 person likes this.