1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM Foglight Kit worth it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PriusGuy32, Feb 22, 2022.

1. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a Prius Four, which did not come factory with foglights. In fact, I cant even add foglights into the grille, as there are no inlays or pre-molded cartridge for me to place them. Gen2 was much easier; you just pop put the insert, then pop in new insert with fog light. Run wires/ switch and kazaam!

So before I pull the trigger on this, I have to ask for anybody here WITH fog lights on their Gen3; are they worth it? Is the benefit enough of more lighting to make $209.95 a worthy spend? Anybody install fog lights on their Gen3 with some feedback?

The kit I am looking at is COMPLETE with new grill, fog lights, wiring, switches, relays, etc etc. As a matter of fact, its this kit:
    BUMPER CHROME LED FOG LIGHT LAMP W/GRILLE+HARNESS KIT FOR 2012-2015 TOYOTA PRIUS | eBay

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have the stock fog lights; they’re pretty much just decorative.

geripsy and PriusGuy32 like this.
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    At least the kit includes LED foglights as opposed to standard reflector foglights with halogen bulbs. Those are the ones that are pretty much useless.

The LED foglights are brighter and keep the light down low so there is less glare for other drivers to deal with.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That is not the OEM fog light.

OEM is located under the blinker.

You can find them on ebay for like $50
    They look stock and oem style switch.

tony_2018 likes this.
  5. PriusHead05

PriusHead05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The 2010-2011 have them underneath the turn signals. The 2012-2015 fog lights are located in the front grille. The DRL is located underneath the turn signals.

PriusGuy32 and Fitcious like this.
  6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have the OEM from Toyota that came built in from the factory. I don't use them unless there is fog. It is hard to feel the benefit as Mendel's experience, possibly due to my bulb choice and that they only turn on in conjunction with the low beams.

My question/concern regarding this kit is the quality of the lamps/light output/beam pattern. There was talk about Rigid LED fog lights on a truck/SUV forum and I Googled it:

37101 - 2014-2020 Toyota Tundra/4-Runner & 2016-2020 Tacoma Fog Mount Kit | Rigid Industries

At such a significant price difference, that is my concern....

REVVL V+ 5G ?

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Look into morimoto 4banger or Diode Dynamic SS3.

8. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    This is probably long after you made your decision, but I don't think anyone on here asked you the most important questions:

Do you live in an area that regularly has foggy or snowy conditions?

Do you regularly drive outside of cities on highways or rural roads?

Do you regularly drive at night?

Unless the answer to all three is yes, it might not be worth it. If the answer IS yes, then it probably is. I don't know if there's another regular option for a Prius that can be as useless to one owner as it is supremely helpful to another.

I'm currently toward the end of a midlife refresh/upgrade for my 2010 Prius Two(80k miles). Since I live in an area with regular snow, often drive on rural roads, and often drive at night, fog lights were high on my list. I used an old thread here to put together a factory OEM kit but used modern LED lamps. I spent way more than it was worth, but I'm an unapologetic purist.

Pixel 4a ?

PriusGuy32 likes this.