1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM LED headlights has halogen highbeams?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hmm..., Apr 9, 2023.

1. hmm...

hmm... New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Got this car from my mom who got this used. It's a Gen3 V5. I'm trying to figure out how many bulbs this headlight has. It has the LED version so it looks like it has 2 low beam each side totaling 4? The high beams add another 2? These high beams are yellow and not white like the low beams. Was that standard from the factory?

The headlights were getting super weak and it was dangerous to drive at night while raining. I could barely see. I bought a headlight restore kit and it looks like it cleared things up, but I'm wondering if it's complicated to replace the high beams with LEDs. Does the high beam have autoleveling I have to worry about?

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes that’s factory. The Gen 3 had LED low beams and halogen high beam.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The high beams don't have to keep themselves out of other drivers' eyes (you're supposed to do that, by turning them off), so I don't think they need or have any leveling feature.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just put Aux beam S1 series in the hi . No leveling needed they're not true projectors or anything like that so they don't need any auto leveling. You're supposed to turn the high beams off as mentioned no matter whether they're level or not for oncoming traffic.