1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM SiriusXM Retro Fit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by iPREEUS, Oct 2, 2022.

1. iPREEUS

iPREEUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After reading multiple threads I decided to have a go at upgrading my existing 57031 with the XM ready 57032 HU. Using the threads I was able to track down the part number for the NAV antenna but I cannot find the part number for the OEM satellite Tuner module that goes under the seat. I've searched ebay and there are several listed for "toyota" or "lexus" but none that seem to be listed for the Prius. Does anyone know what the correct part number is for the OEM unit that would work for a 2015 Prius 2? I want to keep the install strictly OEM. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    One thing, satellite radio might be going the way of the dodo. I rather hope it does. Our 2010 Canadian Prius Touring model came stock with the XM tuner, we gave it a try, told them expressly we didn't want auto-renew. Welp, that's what they did, and it took a pay call to their US offices, to get it stopped, and they were working hard to ensure I didn't. By luck I'd changed credit card number, which was likely the trump card in the back-and-forth we had. Those guys are OILY.

Regarding the product itself: up here (just north of 49th parallel) the reception is spotty, reliably interrupted by tall buildings, trees, rock bluffs. We developed a "sing along game", to fill in the blanks. Where you are in the States is likely a factor, I'd think the further south the better.

Also, the content is getting increasingly commercial radio in nature.

#2 Mendel Leisk, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  3. iPREEUS

iPREEUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the feedback. Very good point. I am using Bluetooth now but lose mobile internet for the majority of my trip. I already have the upgraded HU and the NAV antenna so figured I would do the XM at the same time. Thanks again!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. iPREEUS

iPREEUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Searching on ebay I see many part numbers for various versions of the receiver/tuner module.
    86180-0E011
    86200-47010
    86180-35050
    86200-47040