1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM "SofTex" / leather-wrapped steering wheel

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by sarir97, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And here, I really just want the steering wheel...

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

With or without garnishes, bezels, controls, etc.?

3. burstaneurysm

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, I just want the leather wrap.

4. antech5

antech5 Member

Lazy? you are pathetic as a person.

How dare you accuse me of your scandalous sales tactics. First you promptly deleted the picture of the steering wheel from your ad after you made the sale. As I remembered your picture had a complete steering wheel minus the airbag for sale. You did not mention anything about all the parts that is currently bolted on or screwed on, none of the plastic trim or buttons will be included as pictured, you should have mentioned that "all I am selling is a bare steering wheel", instead of assuming all you are selling is nothing but a bare steering wheel. And all you have to say is it is my fault for assuming that the wheel I will be getting will be complete as pictured and I am scammy?

First you said if I am not satisfied to return it back to you at my cost and you will not refund my original shipping cost, and I replied , I should not have to pay for return shipping and how dare you not return my full purchase price minus the shipping I paid you. You said consider it as a (shipping and handling fee) and then your last email to me is " if you don't like the steering wheel sell it yourself and you are done with this conversation and you blocked me from any personal messages. Who is the scammer now?

If you sold me a steering wheel that is not as described, you the seller should pay for return shipping and return my full purchase price.

I had to report this seller to Paypal in order for him to response to my point in this issue, and we will let Paypal handle it.

5. antech5

antech5 Member

this seller had a picture of his steering wheel without the airbag pictured when he originally had it posted for sale, so of course I was not expecting the airbag.
    and it looks just like this picture on ebay: 2010 and Up Toyota Prius Leather Steering Wheel | eBay
    this is what I received:

Attached Files:

6. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

You lie. This is the one and only picture that I have ever taken of the steering wheel, and it was the one used for the sale. It was still bolted to my car when it was taken:

[​IMG]

Your memory is failing you.

7. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What use would I have taking a picture of my OEM wheel WITH the controls but WITHOUT the airbag? That just makes no sense at all. What you are saying is actually quite severe, because it implies that I intentionally misled.

I'm so incensed by this false accusation that my whole body is shaking...

Anyone here who does a steering wheel swap reuses their own controls and airbag. That's what I did. So I could have only used the picture that I just reposted.

This is a marketplace for Prius enthusiasts, not a junkyard. No one here sells steering wheel controls unless they have no use for their steering wheel, such as when their car is totaled.

If you're looking for a junkyard sale, go look elsewhere.

8. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    And if you actually look closely at that picture in Ebay, it looks as if that steering wheel went through some rough time, as perhaps a totaled car would look like. My car was purchased just a few months ago and the steering wheel was advertised as in excellent condition!

Jeez! This is so frustrating. I feel the buyer is doing this on purpose.

9. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Or at least some other seller -- who should have posted a photo of the wheel skeleton he was actually selling...

10. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    And this represents the wheel skeleton you actually sent, how exactly?

11. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah yeah. I've heard you. Do you have anything else to add to this thread?

12. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

I think you're getting a really good lesson in making sure to accurately describe what you are selling. Given the picture of what the buyer received above, I think if he wants a full refund, shipping included, he's in the right, and I would bet that Paypal will find in his favor (unless they deny it for using the gift option).

Pricing doesn't matter, nor does it matter what you think 'most people' here do. The for-sale section on forums like these are filled with all manner of people selling all manner of parts for innumerable reasons. You have new enthusiasts working on their cars for the first time who might be totally unaware of going market pricing or how the 'professionals' sell things. You have those same professionals parting cars, and people of moderate experience selling stuff out of their basement. How is a buyer to know how you came across this wheel you are selling unless you tell him? That's why the description is so important and why my first question as a buyer is always 'why are you selling this?'

Earlier you were focused on the airbag, but now it turns out you removed all of the controls pictured in your ad and bolted to the wheel! Your best course of action now is to just refund him the money and move on.

13. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Actually, I never focused on the airbag. Mr. Air_Boss *stipulated* to no airbag, and that's how that came up, and now the buyer is falsely accusing me of posting a picture of a wheel with controls but not airbag, a picture that does not and never existed.

Yes lesson learned, but also for a seller to do due diligence as to whom he/she sells. I'm being taken for a ride by this buyer for no good reason.

Paypal will figure it out. If they find in the buyer's favor, they will still ask him to return the item at his expense. At this point, I'd settle for that just to put this ordeal behind me.

14. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Should I ask you the same?

15. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Who just have to have the last word, don't you? Are you going to ask me the same?

16. burstaneurysm

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At this point, I feel this discussion would be better handled by the two individuals involved in said transaction.
    Right now, it's just people who have zero stake in the outcome rehashing their own opinions and dragging each other through the mud, it doesn't accomplish anything.

The buyer may have had the wrong expectation and the seller may have posted a misleading photo, but the burden of resolving the transaction is between the two parties.

I feel this thread should be locked before it continues to devolve even further.

xliderider likes this.
  17. Steve terry

Steve terry Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have miss read a sale before and drove 100 miles to get the computer. Felt stupid for not thinking about small details. The best thing to do is ship it back and the lesson only cost you 16 bucks. Maybe it was worded badly or you miss read it, either way it cost more in blood pressure medicine then it's worth. Don't let it eat you up.

mtbiker53 likes this.
  18. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Paypal dispute settled. Buyer ships to me at his expense, and he then receives a full refund. Fair enough. At least I'm not eating all the shipping fees.

So anyway, does someone want a BARE SofTex leather-wrapped steering wheel? No controls, no airbag, no nothing but a bare leather-wrapped wheel. I'll post a pic when I receive it back, hopefully in the same condition I sold it to the original buyer.

19. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not cool posting the OP's name and email address on a public forum dude. :(

SCH-I535

burstaneurysm and sarir97 like this.
  20. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Obviously your understanding of everything is short. I hope you realize that you are responsible for shipping the item back to me, at your expense! In this situation, neither I nor you win. We're both out $16, all because you don't want to undo a few screws. You can call me a jerk, but it only adds to your glaringly childish behavior. And thanks for posting my private info. Your post has been flagged.

From Paypal:

We've determined that the buyer should receive a $165.00 USD refund if they ship the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the same condition as when the buyer received it and the buyer is *****responsible for
    all shipping and handling costs.******

By the way, it better be in the exact same packing material and in the exact same condition in which I sent it to you, or I'll file a Paypal counterclaim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.