1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM wheel locks worth it?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by james cook, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    no need to go OEM, aftermarket options are better quality and can cost less. have fun shopping!

2. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    If you are in an area where a little noise draws attention, then wheel locks can be a deterrent. But if the area you describe is anything close to what I'm thinking, then it is useless. I've seen people get robbed and car jacked in broad day light. I've called the police for the victim both times and 30 minutes later the cops showed up. Enough time to steal a few cars and rob a few more people during that time. Is like the lock on your house, if there was a fire and I must get in to save someone, I can break it down with little effort.
    Then again, I'm going to stereotype here:D , just how dangerous of a place would a Prius owner move to anyways. Even I haven't been anywhere near a ghetto in a long time.

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ghetto? Prius airbags are being relocated within upper-middle class neighborhoods of Dallas. Demographics are just another warm and fuzzy waiting to be snatched. In reality...just use common sense, make your insurance payments and carry on with your happy life. Sometimes the dog bites, sometimes it don't.

Best wishes with your move to KC james cook. (y)