1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Off topic - best morning ever!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chad's Dad, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Chad's Dad

Chad's Dad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Allow me to share with you my ride to work, the best morning ever.

The last stop before where I work is a red light, a mile from my workplace. My Prius sat quietly at the light, I didn't even have the radio on this morning. I was waiting for the light to change, as I was going straight. A semi-truck approached from my right. It was a truck for the semi-truck student driving school down the road. The truck made a right turn so he was in front of me.

Those trucks crawl. I don't care about the extra minute of driving, I get to enjoy the Prius an extra minute. I do get the chance to cruise behind the truck and squeeze another .1 out of my mileage. Life is good. :)

So the truck makes the turn and the student driver extra slowly inches up to speed. He is not going to make it to the posted 45 MPH until tomorrow. The light turns green, and I gently inch up to speed behind the truck. There is a guy behind me tailgating me, like it is going to make me go somewhere, and another car behind him. I knew what the car was behind the tailgater, but the tailgater obviously didn't.

We all crawl down the road behind the semi. I am peacefully enjoying my last minute of Prius time before work, as we approach a set of railroad tracks. The semi slows down to a slower crawl. I'm continuing my cruise off of battery power, so I don't mind.

I glance in my mirror to see the tailgater as he swings out, and blows around me and the semi, passing on a double yellow line and across railroad tracks. OK, so he was in a hurry. If you want to do something stupid, have at it.

However, if the tailgater had been less concerned about what was in front of him and more concerned about what was behind him, he just might have noticed the police car in his mirror.

As my peaceful bliss turns to amazement over the stupidity that was just displayed, justice is served. The police car hits his lights and siren, swings around both of us, and goes down and pulls speedy over... right in front of my work place.

I get the added enjoyment of getting out of my car, and watching the numbskull hand over his license and registration, right across from my parking spot. And better yet, I can see the flashing lights from my desk. Quite possibly the best workday ever.

And they say that Friday the 13th is unlucky. I don't have triskaidekaphobia. (Fear of the number 13.) But I'll bet speedy does.

Hey, have a great day everybody!!!

4 people like this.
  2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You bloody sadist!! :)

3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    s w e e t !!!

Nice heartwarming (well written) story.
    Thanks for sharing. Makes all our mornings a bit better. :thumb:

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great story! a close second to the morning my wife, er well, a story for another chatroom.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  5. geeter

geeter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That should be a Prius commercial. In my younger years, I used to drive like the driver in your story. All it did was get me tickets and a couple of accidents. The Prius makes me happy to drive slow.

6. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That *is* a good morning indeed. I always hope tailgaters/obnoxious rageaholics will get pulled over.

I did have the nice experience of being tailgated then passed by a big Acura MDX on my way to the beach a few weeks ago. That MDX must have been going about 85+ because the speed limit on this stretch of hwy was 70. Anyway, about 15 or 20 mi down the road I see the blinking lights of a cop car. And lo and behold who is pulled over getting a speeding ticket? The Acura MDX driver. Not so far ahead of the pack now, eh MDX?

:rockon: :p

7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Great story ! You always wonder why the police seem to never be around when someone does something stupid like that.

It is nice to know that they are around every once in a while and it is always nice to know that they do get their just rewards every now and then.

8. marcm

marcm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awesome. I would love to have seen in person. Fan-tas-tic. :):)

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Smile and wave to the officer as he blows by.

Great story.
    I have to warn people for name-calling, but someone who passes a student driver on a double-yellow while being followed by an officer is a nimrod.

10. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yesterday I even had someone behind me talking on a cell phone (not even handsfree) going into the parking garage honk at me so they could get around me to go 50 feet faster than I did and not even for the same parking spot.

11. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Reminds me of another little story... a number of years ago, my sister was heading home from high school. The route home happens to pass by an elementary school - one where there is ALWAYS a cop (seriously, like 4 out of every 5 week days a cop is sitting there between 3 and 5 PM). She did the right thing, slowed down to the posted school zone speed limit. A jerk from her class, however, wasn't in the mood... she was about halfway through the school zone when he sped up behind her, slammed on the brakes, and started tailgating her, swerving back and forth out of impatience. The cop pulled out from the school and hit his lights. The jerk got tickets for speeding in a school zone, following too closely, and reckless driving. He didn't get to drive the rest of that year, or his senior year.

12. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i would be funnier if the other guy was your boss

13. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model: