1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Official 2023 Hyundai Ioniq6 Reviews Thread

Discussion in 'Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 3, 2023.

1. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I am reposting from another thread - but still applicable here:

The new Hyundai Ioniq 6 is praised for its range. Too bad the 361 mi are possible only if you get the “cheap” base model. As soon as you step away from that trim to get, what I would consider, standard features, you lose about 60mi of range (-15%!) to wheels you cannot even “unselect”.
    So, no, the Ioniq 6 is effectively a 300mi range BEV like most out there. The efficiency is necessary so that they can put a smaller battery, to offer the same range as everybody else, while needing to get more expensive trims to get standard features.
    I would expect the need for a higher trim to get more range. It is the opposite.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah but one could easily swap the wheels out for 18s. Or effectively get 250-300 miles in the winter with smaller wheels and EV-specific winter tyres.

3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I don't see why, after spending almost $60k, I have to exit the dealer and go to a tire/wheel shop and spend another 2-3k to get another set of wheels I should have had the option to choose in the first place... and "throw-away" perfectly good 20" tires/wheels.
    Give me the option to put whatever wheels I want, to achieve the range you claim I can get. Forcing people to get 20" wheels, reducing the range by 15% and being this the only way to get important features, some of which are safety related, it simply doesn't make any sense to me.