1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Official Member Now!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by smackdownC, Aug 6, 2014.

1. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just picked it up today. Took a long nice person time. First they low-balled the shit out of my trade which was the bottom they said they'd give for it. I said tell me what's wrong with my car. I have everything going for it, new tires, certified, low mileage, excellent condition in and out. Sure there are scratches on the rear bumper that can get touch up or repaint for $100. But they couldn't do anything. They couldn't fault anything with it, so they were just lowballing me. Mgr came and said he'd come up $1K, and said that's it, take it or leave it. We were still $1K apart, so I said I'll leave it and walked. Went across the street to the VW dealer to get the 30K service done early.
    They said it'll be 2 hrs since there are a lot of checks and I took the shuttle to the movie theater. Opted for the overpriced matinee of $13.50 to see Hercules in 3D. It was a great movie, for about a half hr, and I had to leave. The 3D glasses were just way too dark. So I left and turned on my phone. Had a missed call and text from salesperson. They came up another $300 and when I called I said we are still $700 apart. He said come by, we are so close. So I went back to the dealer to pick up my car and drove across the street back to the other dealer to see what's up.
    Long story short, they met my numbers but said the $300 fee has to stay. I was flexible on my trade up to $250, but I'll give them the $50. Especially since I only have Tier II credit and they gave me Tier I, so free money, 0%, and they make nothing on me from financing. Financing took over an hour, but I forgive them since they gave me 0% instead of 3%-4%. The PDI took another hour which was only a wash. But, anyway, 4 hrs later, it's official and I'm happy.

#1 smackdownC, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Tyler S likes this.
  2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Glad you got the right deal in the end - it pays to be stubborn!

Now you can update your profile.

3. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]

The ECO Score that is! Averaging well over 53 mpg.
    True test will be when I fill up and do it manually.

But according to the "DIC" 57 mpg @ 29 mi. Stopped for dinner.
    Then went home, 67 mpg @ 11 mi.

ftl likes this.
  4. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Done!

PS. What color is yours?

5. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Magnetic Gray Metallic. What did you end up with?

6. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Magnetic Gray Metallic too! Already had silver but liked the not having to wash it every month and black always looks good but already have a black car. Gray is the perfect medium! Got any pics of yours? Front bumper section looks darker or is it the pic? Looks good on silver, would prob look good on Gray too.

7. ShirLit

ShirLit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    Car dealing sucks!
    I've found my actual mileage is consistently 2 mpg lower than the read out. I thought it would even out, but it hasn't.

8. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Car dealers. What a bunch of bastards.

9. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I think it's just the way the light catches it. Here's a bigger pic:

Prius-C-FTL.jpg

ztanos and Tyler S like this.
  10. Tyler S

Tyler S Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    congrats buddy! welcome to the club!! what package did you end up going with? and mpg vary, however on regular mode I get 50-52 mpg and on eco mode I get 56 mpg. I think you are going to love your new C! :)

11. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looks good, but I'm biased.

12. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have the 2. I didn't opt for any wheel or sunroof pkg. Don't use the nav in my X5M, didn't have nav in the car I traded in, and didn't use the sunroof either. So the 2 was perfect for me. And sure enough this is what they had sitting in the showroom. In the color I wanted too.

Tyler S likes this.
  13. Frank Valdivia

Frank Valdivia New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Nice.. I don't deal with sales people anymore, is a pain in the rear. I pre-arrange a price with the fleet manager now: In, pick and test the car, sign papers and out. No More hassles.

I also got the 2, I wanted the one but got the two for less money, go figure.

14. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's what I did on the Prius. Didn't even haggle on it since they were the best price by $150. The problem was the trade. It's always a problem. But they finally came up to my numbers and we did the deal. The regular Prius was getting a good deal last month, $1500 rebate! Made the price diff btw a C2 and regular Prius 2 only $3K apart when they are $5K apart MSRP.