1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Official Suspension Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Mission Auto, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Anthro

Anthro old member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    a
    Thanks 2020XLEAWD! Good to hear you don't find oversteer. Thanks also for the video, which clarifies things. With my limited miles on my new Gen 4, I haven't yet noticed the lateral motions the beams are meant to mitigate, but anyway I'll keep 'em in mind. My first (minor!) mods will be done tomrrow: replacing the OEM Toyos w TrueContact Tours, & installing a block heater. Next up, probably the Cusco rear bar.

2020XLEAWD likes this.
  2. Anthro

Anthro old member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    PS--ordered the Cusco rear bar last Tuesday, and it's supposed to arrive today.

2020XLEAWD likes this.
  3. Anthro

Anthro old member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Rear Cusco ASB arrived, to be installed day after tomorrow; now contemplating ordering the front bar! And I welcome any advice, esp. from those who've installed one or both bars.

4. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I did both front and rear at the same time. Since the front subframe was coming off, I also did the Spoon Rigid Collars. Since I was doing the front collars, I figured I might as well do the rear as well and do it all together and get one alignment. Car feels wonderful.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

krmcg likes this.
  5. martin.tuky

martin.tuky New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    All,

I would like to share my experience with Prius gen4 with springs swapped from Canadian spec to Rough Road OEM springs.

After 35-40k km, i have nothing but good experiences. The suspension behaves more like VW except for a bit stiff bump response. Overall, I much prefer the stiffer ride and the extra ground clearence (+20 to +25mm).

Top speed, acceleration and fuel efficiency has not been affected by the different springs and different OEM geometry angles. Both summer and winter performance is good, no excess NVH, no strange tyre wear.

Overall, with this knowlwdge, I would have done the swap immediately after purchasing the vehicle. For markets where you can specify the springs, I highly recommend chosing the stiffer springs.

6. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Do you have a link to the springs you used?

7. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I'm on Tein Flex A coilovers and the ride is very very comfortable as these were the softest coilovers I could find. Specific for the awd/prime models. The front is the lowest it could go while retaining all adjustment collars. I could have gone lower in the rear but the ride height wouldn't be even. With 15" wheels and stock tires, the gap is just about right.

Ive also done a bunch of suspension mods and it seems like it's never ending. I plan to get some additional TRD bracing and Carbing pieces in the future 20210806_084435.jpeg 20210806_084520.jpeg 20210806_084822.jpeg 20210804_210753.jpeg Screenshot_20210802-152125_Gallery.jpeg

2020XLEAWD likes this.
  8. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
  9. 2020XLEAWD

2020XLEAWD Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e

Attached Files:

jteran5 likes this.
  10. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    So much better than the Wellvisors I replaced and they feel much sturdier. I like the little vent function that they have built in. Very unique

PS, I love your wheels . I think you and I might be the only ones running them on a gen4. Both AWD models as well!