1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Official Toyota Position on Charging Over MSRP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by silverbell, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    FRASER- now, i totally agree with you. prices, economy and our recession means in laymans terms: it is what it is.............................true that we might see a quick decline, but nothing permanent, and for goodness sake, a complete upward spiral...............sort of like................the CALM BEFORE THE STORM. :O

2. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Or, perhaps, we're in the storm now, just waiting for more wind and rain before it finally weakens.

3. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :amen:good point Steve..............customer loyalty is not what it used to be. However, if I get exceptional service/deal, I am more likely to try and reward that service. But, in the end, you are probably right....price wins. shitty to say, but that is true..................

4. snowdog650

snowdog650 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Who is being fooled here? No one ... the price is clearly listed. I don't understand this at all ...

Don't they teach basic economics anymore? Supply and demand?

Low Supply + High demand = High prices

Geeze, folks ... get over it. Dealerships can charge whatever the hell they want, as long as people pay the price.

Remember when the PT Cruiser first came out? People were paying $5000 - $10,000 over MSRP for those pieces of crap. People could not get enough of them. But no one called out dealerships for being d!ckweeds for selling at such high prices ... BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE STILL PAYING THOSE PRICES.

How is it any different now with the Prius?

Didn't see many people calling for the blood of all those guys on eBay last Christmas, selling the Ninendo Wii for $1000.00 ... but now folks want to lynch Toyota dealers?

Give me a break.:rolleyes: