1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh CRAP.....wrong gas

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ssdesigner, Aug 4, 2016.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    dupe

2. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I guess that's one benefit I hadn't though of with electric vehicles: you never have to worry about putting the wrong type of fuel in :ROFLMAO:.

RCO likes this.
  3. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gas stories, what fun.

I did the pure gas (no methanol) experiment on my gen 2. It only comes in hi octane. The car ran fine. After 5 tanks I calculated a 4% increase in mpg, but paid 10% more for gas. End of experiment.

I worked with someone who filled their car, a Satern I think, with diesel. The station had the wrong size nozzle making it possible. Didn't make it out of the stations lot. She had the tank syphoned and filled with gas. No apparent harm to the car.

I stopped a Japanese man who spoke no English from filling what was probably a rental car with diesel. He was very mad that the nozzle didn't fit. Had to resort to hand gestures. How do you rent a car in Buffalo without English?

4. MrMischief

MrMischief Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hand gestures, I'm assuming

RCO likes this.
  5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I do the same all the time. It's a blast to get on the Tokyo subway and make sure you don't confuse the Keiyo and Keikyu lines and get off at Shinagawa Station, not Shinjuku or Shimbashi.