1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh dear! Triangle of Death! No oil! Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WilDavis, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Priuslover09

Priuslover09 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If it then Toyota will have to replace the engine.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, here's an aside from the main thread (which happened last week):

All seems to be well (…so far!o_O), but I remember that when I got the car to the stealer, the SKS seemed to be flakey, but I was able to get access etc. using the hidden key (in the FOB). On reflection it was pretty cold outside, and I usually have the FOB dangling from a carabiner on my belt, and I had a fleeting thought that perhaps the FOB-battery was getting old, and would you believe in the past couple of days (v. chilly) the SKS started getting flakey once more, so I checked the battery in the FOB (…after I finally remembered how to dismantle it! :rolleyes:) sure enough it was down to 2.92V, so a new battery made it as almost as good as new (I also gave it a good clean!) Looking back through my records I see that I last changed it back in April 2018, so I was surprised that the battery only lasted just under 2 years, but I think it must have been the low temperature! (…just FYI, and don't forget to keep anything which dangles cosy and warm! (…it will work much better - you know it makes sense! ;))

#62 WilDavis, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    jerrymildred likes this.