1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh, deer.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FourOhFour, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 5 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]281591[/snapback]</div>
    I'm in total agreement with galaxee on this one. Why does it matter where he's from? If he was asking a location specific question I could see that info being useful, but in a thread about having hit a deer on the road? Please! :rolleyes: I feel like we have a bunch of Posting Police hanging around here lately with too much time on their hands. :huh:

2. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Jul 5 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]281595[/snapback]</div>
    For what little it's worth, I'm in complete agreement with you and galaxee. One thing we really don't need, IMO, is a swarm of pushy, holier-than-thou profile nannies driving away valuable contributors. It's especially irritating when, as in this case, the demanded information is completely and utterly irrelevant to the thread in question.

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 5 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]281591[/snapback]</div>
    First off, there was no way to tell that this thread was about a deer (except for the title). All his post says is that there are too many rules so he is not going to post again. Maybe he edited the post before we read it and removed the deer stuff?

All of my comments were geared towards that message, nothing to do with a deer (in fact I had no idea what that had to do with this thread).

There was no chasing around...as most do, I read almost every post...just came upon his "rules" message and commented on it.

As far as your other comments...ONCE AGAIN...Danny made the rules about the profiles...NO ONE ELSE. Pointing out the rules...that is a bad thing? Debating with others...that is what we all do. If he doesn't update, he doesn't, there is no forcing...and if you want to criticize...do to Danny and ask him to repeal his requirements.

You are wrong about the non-issue thing. If you look at how many people agreed vs. disagreed you will see.

Anyways, lets get back to talking Prius!

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]281769[/snapback]</div>
    why don't you ask vincent... he's the one that prompted the editing of the message as far as i can tell.

Danny has requested us to update our profiles. and newbies have to enter something as far as i understand. but he hasn't gone and deactivated the account of everyone who doesn't have a location in their profile. why? because we're an all inclusive group and because not everyone is comfortable with displaying their location with every post they make...

i don't recall the thread where you were appointed the Profile Police, that's all. :rolleyes:

a post about hitting a deer has nothing to do with location, how can i make that more clear? location was a non issue in this topic... *was*

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Beware of unintended consequences, Ms Smith. I've seen your requests for identification on several posts in several topics. The "Ignore User" option ensures I won't see them in the future, or any other of your comments. You drive people away? I'll just ignore you.

6. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 5 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]281873[/snapback]</div>

Hey galaxee,

Let's go on to something else. If people wanted to update, then they did...if not, then they did not.

Everyone else, let's please try to keep the comments about the profile updating subject to the original thread.

It was never my intent for anyone to follow other posters through the threads, badgering them to update...especailly if they are senior posters, who have provided valuable information in the past. FOR SURE THAT WILL CAUSE MORE PEOPLE TO LEAVE!

By now, everyone has decided what they want to do on this issue, and let's leave it at that.

Please, no one should leave priuschat over this issue!

7. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jul 6 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]281881[/snapback]</div>
    The Bill Merchant has spoken. He is a wise man. You'd be best listening to what he has to say. B)

8. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Jul 6 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]282195[/snapback]</div>

Bill and I have spoken and I have been forgiven.

Please, let this die!

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, not exactly spoken, more like email, but I believe MSSmith95 now understands that a community doesn't try to coerce its members. See this post on the topic I am calling for a boycott!, If you do not update your profile, you get no help!.

I removed MSSmith95 from my "Ignore" list and look forward to more constructive posts from him/her in the future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 6 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]282250[/snapback]</div>

10. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For whatever it's worth, mssmith95 and I have made peace as well. :)

11. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(landstander @ Jul 7 2006, 05:34 AM) [snapback]282485[/snapback]</div>
    Me too, under the agreement that he no longer creates any threads about people needing to update their profiles. Or hijacks any other threads with posts bugging people about the same. :)

12. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Jul 7 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]282707[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, that boycott idea really got legs and ran away too fast!
    ... and all have agreed to stop posting negative comments about profiles as well in other threads (on either side of the issue).

We all love each other again :D

13. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 7 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]282746[/snapback]</div>

Okay, just so long as we don't have to group-hug and sing kum-bay-yah B)