1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh, Malorn!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Spunky, Jan 20, 2006.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    "When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to know in months. "27 Months." "He's two," will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place."

When I am out in public with my daughter, women ask me how old my daughter is, I always just say, "She's One." They always look at me funny, as if I have deprived them of critical information. It's nice 'cause it DOES prevent the endless "I have this many children and they're this many months and blah blah blah."

Nate

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Rancid, click "Print This Topic" in the top-right of the page. Trust me; click it. :)

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    New rule: enough already! I don't want the Toenail Channel, nor the Transgendered Channel. Especially if you're going to make me subsidize them by including them in my "basic" package, so you can then advertise you're providing 250 channels. Make your "basic package" the 10 channels I want, and I'll pay extra for anything I want more than that.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

New rule: effective today, the words "its" and "it's" no longer exist. Everyone hoplessly confuses them, even highly-paid government proofreaders. From now on, simply repeat the noun in it's original form.

5. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I think you meant to say:
    "From now on, simply repeat the noun in the noun's original form."
    :p

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    It's not confusing to me but I didn't sleep through english class :) Its confusion factor is limited to people who don't look things up. :)

...uh, you mean "...in its original form."

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

New rule: stop calling any performing artist or athlete under the age of 25 "legendary". Let them do something passably well for at least two years in a row before even labelling them "awesome". It took over 200 years for people to even figure out what Jesus said, write it up and make Him famous.

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

No, its the nouns original form. :p

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

You and Kiloran both got it. B)

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

New rule: all media, stop diddling my central nervous system. I now know about enough things I want to buy to outstrip the earning capacities of three lifetimes. I don't need any more creative help having orgasms. My nostrils flare while I sleep and my dreams now appear indexed like iPod screens. The only way I could drink more microbrews, decaffeinated, diet versions of soft drinks and Starbuck's concoctions would be through several feeding tubes. My nervous system looks like a plate of dried spaghetti noodles. Give it a rest.

11. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No, he's right. It's noun's because nouns is plural. If it was plural posessive, it would be nouns's. Some believe that nouns' would be correct though.

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Hilarious. I, too, love the "beef with broccoli" one. Thanks!

13. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    "Just because I may drive a Prius, does not mean I'm a homosexual extreme left-wing tree hugging lunatic who eats granola bars all day while visiting anti-Bush websites on my MAC."

Why is it being green means being a lunatic? You have a problem with a planet which can support you? Clean air? Clean water?

just curious...

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Dude, I was, er, just kidding... You know, poking fun at the stereo-type... :ph34r:

15. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    LOL!

This one's easy: If "it is" sounds good, then use "it's". If it does not, use "its".

You can't get rid of "its" anymore than you can get rid of "his" or "hers".

I have a friend who seriously hates the letter "c". He says anything at all can be spelled just fine with an "s" or a "k".

Hell, I'm still trying to get folks to not to "loose their breaks!"

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=7121&hl=

Nate

16. QED

QED New Member

Corollary to New Rule: Stop calling the media talking heads that look like they just graduated from high school, "experts". As soon as they open their mouths you know they are not even close. Everyone thinks they are a damn expert these days.

17. QED

QED New Member

New Rule: STOP using "PIN number". The "N" already stands for "number". PIN number=Personal Idenitification Number number . :blink:
    (Same goes for VIN number! :lol: )

18. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    "Dude, I was, er, just kidding... You know, poking fun at the stereo-type..."

Okay, okay, I'm just a bit tired of being the lunatic in the world when all I want is a better place to live and breathe...doing all I can NOT to ruin things.

Keep up the humor, sorry if I was short...(well 5' 8" isn't all that tall...)

19. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF

Okay, okay, I'm just a bit tired of being the lunatic in the world when all I want is a better place to live and breathe...doing all I can NOT to ruin things.

20. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF