1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OH NO, my dash display has gone out !!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jon Hagen, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jon Hagen

Jon Hagen Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Went to a meeting one evening last week with my 2010 Prius, everything working well.
    After the meeting we drove away and noticed that most of the dash display was "dark".
    Driving home and feeling a little gloom as I wondered what it might cost to fix the display problem.
    I noticed the poster announcing the meeting we attended was laying on the dash and was pushed up to the display screen. I pulled the poster back an inch and the display came back on !! Pushed it forward and when it got within 1/2 inch of the display, it would blank out ??
    It appears the dash display is some sort of bottom projection system to the display screen. Pushing anything up to the display screen blocks that bottom projection and blanks the screen.

As Rosa Rosana Dana on Laugh in would say, "OH ?? Never mind". :)

2. Mocmylov

Mocmylov Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, it's the same projection type system used for a head up display on the windshield.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    At first I was going to say you rotated your dimmer switch down and it dimmed it to where you couldn't see it but yes, it's a projection so if you block it you will not see it.

4. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    and now we can talk about "school busting." ... ... ... . You mean "school busing." "Never mind." :cheer2: