1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh! What I'd Do to get a Longer Daily Commute!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by a priori, Jun 16, 2009.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Wayne, camera phones. The newer ones actually have auto-focus and flash!

2. billklug

billklug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am,in fact, considering your comute as opposed to mine, jealous by several orders of magnitude. ;)

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Of course we've only been talking about miles in our commutes. I can only imagine your level of jealousy when you consider the fact that I get to commute to work in Illinois, enjoying every season of the year, while you have to trudge through some place called California on your way to work. Sorry!

4. billklug

billklug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No need to apoligize! Not jealous of our different choices of living places at all. Illinois woud be a great place to be and drive ... if it had a ocean, and a coastline to drive along (at 55+ MPG in my 2010 Gen 3) with whales or dolphins jumping just-off-shore, and I could live in a house on the beach.

Did you note the way I stayed on topic? :D

I was transplanted to CA early in my life from the east coast. And in the short time I was there (<10 years) I still have a clear recollection of the four seasons - blizzards in winter, the hurricanes, and the hot humid summers loaded with bugs. I also remember the need for owning a "winter beater" due to the ice, salt and all the other stuff that does not-nice things to a car in winter. Nope, I think I'll stay here in CA where the weather is almost always "boring".

But we do have Four Seasons in CA, you know - it's a hotel I pass every day on my drive to work ;)

5. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've lived on both coasts, as well as Illinois. The fact is I am more comfortable in Illinois simply because it is home. I think I'm the kind who'd likely prefer California if that's where I grew up or Massachusetts if that had been my home state. As it is, I lived in a couple of nice places in Cal (in the Sierras and in the Pomona valley) and one not-so-beautiful (Fresno), and a couple of nice places in Mass (Cambridge and Newton). I loved my time in each state, and I like returning to visit. Still, I'm a midwesterner, through and through. I long for time to drive the PCH (took my family from San Diego to Sausalito just a little over a year ago), but I'm just fine where I'm at.

Truly, the seasonal thing does bug me about So. Cal. Playing softball in February and remembering to take warm clothes to go ice skating (indoors) were very odd experiences!